PDA

View Full Version : Sig 229 DAO?

twraska
01-07-2013, 12:14 AM
I have a Sig 229 that came in a package deal. Once I got around to looking at it real close I noticed it is a double action only pistol and the de-cocker is missing. The other 229's I have all can be single action if I rack the slide or pull the hammer back and have a de-cocker lever to release the hammer. Is this something that could be factory, or was it fashioned by a gunsmith? Can it be made like the others and would it be an easy fix?
Thanks,
Tim

Frank46
01-07-2013, 12:39 AM
Yes, Sig made many of the Dao for various police departments. An e-mail to them would probably confirm this and they could probably convert it back to single action and install the decocker at the same time. Either that see if they have a Sig certified repair center in your area and contact them about your pistol. Frank

twraska
01-08-2013, 11:48 PM
Thanks for the info, I didn't think about calling a Sig repair center.

Bonz
01-09-2013, 09:49 AM
The Sig's with DAK triggers do not have de-cockers

The P229® DAK™ is the standard pistol of the Dept. of Homeland Security and the U.S. Coast Guard who selected the P229 after a 3 million round grueling torture test. A favorite among law enforcement professionals, the P229 offers compact size, choice in firepower of 9mm, .357 SIG or .40 S&W, tactical versatility of an accessory rail, double-action only and the unbeatable performance that only comes from SIG SAUER® all in one package. Developed by the renowned engineers at Sauer for the SIG SAUER pistols, the new DAK trigger system delivers a safe, reliable and consistent 6.5 pound double-action only trigger pull. The DAK also features double-strike capability. SIG SAUER DAK pistols also disassemble without the need to pull the trigger - simply lock the slide back and remove the magazine to disassemble like other SIG pistols. The DAK is also available in the P220®, P226® and P239® models.

twraska
01-19-2013, 02:17 PM
Thanks for the information. I don't have a question about its reliability, just that it is different from my other Sig and,,,, in a SHTF situation it is going to be different. I'll probably use it for trade bait to get something else down the road. Thanks again for the info!