PDA

View Full Version : Best source for plastic ammo boxes?

rutilate
01-06-2013, 11:36 PM
Folks,

What is the cheapest source for the plastic ammo boxes? I'm looking for some in .45, 9mm, and .223. I'm looking for very inexpensive new or better yet, used. Is there a significant difference between any of the manufacturers? Or are they all manufactured by the same company and just privately labeled?

I've seen some people selling their used boxes for nearly exactly the same price as new at Cabela's or Midway. I saw someone with a price for Berry's boxes that was significantly lower than from Berry's website but can't find the post.

Reg
01-07-2013, 01:35 AM
I have a few that are lightly used that I am selling from a good friends estate. PM me if interested.

level Joe
01-10-2013, 01:37 AM
I use MTM boxes for the 243 win. I love em. The new ones have a true hinge. I have been wanting to order more but they are backordered at Midway USA and Midsouth. $2.84 for a 50 rnd box.
https://www.midsouthshooterssupply.com/item.asp?sku=00008RM5010

ReloaderFred
01-10-2013, 02:39 AM
Starreloader sells the Berry's boxes here on the forum. Look him up in the Vendors section.

Hope this helps.

Fred

Lloyd Smale
01-10-2013, 07:06 AM
berry boxes are cheaper then mtms. Not quite as good quality though. thing is they have a lifetime warantee so i guess i dont worry about them breaking once in a while. All you have to do is give them a call and they send you a replacement.

winelover
01-10-2013, 09:36 AM
Not all boxes are created equal, not even within the same company. For the price, I like MTM's but beware of their red opaque hinged boxes that have the squarish corners. Neither the hinge nor the catch hold up. Stick with the colors that you can't see through and have the rounded corners.

Tried some J & J boxes in 44 Mag. size and found out that you can't close the lid with many styles of cast boolets. Had to reserve them for J-words.

Have a few RCBS boxes that I use for 45 LC , that I like, but they were too pricey way back in the late 70's.

Winelover

joec
01-10-2013, 11:10 AM
I just ordered in 10 box packs from Midway for 9mm, 45 acp, 45 Colt and 45-70 which are made by Franklin Arsenal. The 9mm, 45 ACP and 45 Colt work out to about $1.60 each and the 45-70 to $2.90 each which by the way is the only place that seems to have them for the 45-70. I also bought some loading trays for each of the above also Franklin Arsenal for $6 each all of which is 50 rounds including the cases.