PDA

View Full Version : It never rains but it pours.........

dromia
07-06-2007, 05:03 PM
.........literaly and metaphorically.

It has been the wettest June since records began with severe flooding and £1.5bn of damage especially down the road in Yorkshire and Humberside.

However it has also started raining lubesizers and then some for me. I've got three already but reckon I could do with another 3 or so more. I'm having a gun room built just now so I'll have more bench space and it'll save changing dies and worst of all lubes too often so I've been on the lookout for second hand lube sizers for a while with little success.

Doing an internet trawl last night however I found three, three calls today secured their purchase, however in the course of the discussions some more reloading stuff came to light.

Mould handles, RCBS Sidewinder Tumbler, Chrony Chrono, Lee 3 hole turret plus disk powder measure, RCBS uniflow and competition powder measures, Lyman Spartan press, home made case trimmer with universal chuck, Lee autodisk powder measures and sundry bits and pieces, nothing cost more than £40. Just missed Piggyback too.

I'm like a boar in faeces.

If the rest of the month is going to be like this rain on. :-D

ian27
07-06-2007, 06:49 PM
You do seem to be a lucky boy. if you come across a decent lubesizer that you don't want for yourself , please let me know.

Ian

dromia
07-06-2007, 06:50 PM
OK Ian, the next one is yours.

I don't want to be greedy.:mrgreen:

dromia
07-06-2007, 06:52 PM
What was interesting was there was all this casting stuff but no moulds or furnaces.

I guess someone had their pick afore me.

dromia
07-07-2007, 05:47 AM
BTW mate, welcome to these fine forums. :drinks:

:castmine:

ian27
07-07-2007, 11:53 AM
Thankyou Dromia, this certainly seems to be the place to come for one starting out in casting. I'll be looking a lot of tips when I start to cast boolits for my Remington1903a3 and my Martini Enfield. I havnt got a clue, I've only ever loaded the other kind. LOL

Ian

Fireball 57
07-07-2007, 12:54 PM
ian27: Welcome!! You are in good company! If you can wade through the occational banter and testosterone, you will find a wealth of info and friendship.

Dromia, you have a great day, too!

johnp
07-07-2007, 04:09 PM
Good deal.