PDA

View Full Version : Howdy from Arizona....new guy here

Arizona Lawman
01-06-2013, 02:23 PM
Hi all,

I found this place while looking for some general info on casting and reloading.

I loaded a LOT years ago...but it was all for 9mm, .38/.357 and .45ACP (the department NEVER gave us enough training ammo, so I rolled my own).

Anyway....I always used factory projectiles, and I have been interested in casting, so I am jumping in.

A little about me....I am retired LE (I was an officer for 23 years, Patrol, Search & Rescue, Gangs Narcotics SWAT, SWAT Leader, Academy Instructor, and finally after begging...back to Patrol). Now....retired and enjoying it.

Hope everyone but Biden, Feinstein, Pelosi, and Obama have a great day....those previously mentioned can go suck an egg.

By the way....I am an OATHKEEPER...I hope any other current/former LE and Military are as well.

quilbilly
01-06-2013, 02:28 PM
Welcome to the family. If you ever get tired of the heat in AZ and decide to come up to the NW to tour Hwy 101 in summer, you are required to stop by.

Artful
01-06-2013, 02:29 PM
Welcome AzLEO-retired - my names Art and I'm a boolit addict - are you trying to cast up for pistol's or rifle's in your retired status?

What all can we help you with?

koehn,jim
01-06-2013, 02:35 PM
Welcome to the forum, there is much to learn here.

GRUMPA
01-06-2013, 02:53 PM
Welcome to the never ending learning center for the do it yourselfers. Right when you think you've got it figured out there's more details to learn. Thought I knew a lot when I came to this site only to find out I had just begun learning.

ph4570
01-06-2013, 03:42 PM
Welcome. This is THE place to learn about casting and to get any required help.

Smitty's Retired
01-06-2013, 05:53 PM
Welcome to Cast Boolits. Get you an easy chair and some coffee ready. Lots of good info and great people hear. Enjoy, never hesitate to ask questions, and be safe.

Gar
01-06-2013, 06:19 PM
Welcome to the forum from a fellow Arizonan'. Don't forget to fill in your profile so we can 'KNOW EVERYTHING' about you. :kidding:

blackthorn
01-06-2013, 06:45 PM
Welcome aboard!

Jim Flinchbaugh
01-06-2013, 07:22 PM
Hi all,

Hope everyone but Biden, Feinstein, Pelosi, and Obama have a great day....those previously mentioned can go suck an egg.

ha! yer gonna fit right in here! Welcome aboard

nicholst55
01-06-2013, 07:27 PM
Welcome, pull up a chair and sit. We're mostly friendly here. :-D

What part of AZ are you in? I'm in the hot part, myself...

Arizona Lawman
01-06-2013, 08:22 PM
I will be doing casting for pistol caliber 99.9% of the time...though I may get a bug up my tailpipe to cast some thumpers for my .45-70 Marlin that my Dad left me. I still have 14 of he original 20 rounds of Remington that came in the box. I have (what seems like eleventybillion jacketed projectiles) for all my "defensive" caliber rifles...so, I doubt I will be casting any for those...but one never knows.

I live outside of Florence, AZ...so, I am in a dusty, funky old town, and my range is my backyard.

Gar
01-06-2013, 08:59 PM
We be right close neighbors then, you retired from PCSO by any chance?

Az Rick
01-06-2013, 09:23 PM
Welcome! You'll get lots of help here. Your first assignment is to read the "stickies" in whatever interests you. Then ask away, everyone here will help. You'll be casting purdy bullets in no time.

Best,

o6Patient
01-06-2013, 09:33 PM
I'm a relative newbie to this site although I've read threads from this site for years.
You chose a great site for your needs, I've been a gun enthusiast for over 50 years
and have been reloading for over 30...and probably am a fly spec on the great wall of
knowledge. ...but there are a lot of specs and some much lager specs that fill in
most of that wall. Welcome. Very happy to see you're a keeper of the flame.

Artful
01-07-2013, 01:34 AM
My Marlin like 5744 with Cast Boolits - I don't like to make up the heavy thumpers like I used too. Do you have your molds already or are you looking to purchase all the casting equipment? What about lead supply - do you have an in with somebody to feed your habit?

Dean D.
01-07-2013, 04:10 AM
Welcome Arizona Lawman! If your wanting to learn casting you've found the best place on the net to do so!

Moonie
01-07-2013, 09:20 AM
And remember, it isn't always about having projectiles, sometimes its about the challenge of shooting something you made yourself in every gun you own. I shoot cast in all of my weapons, even some people thing shouldn't even be in the same room with cast.

Bosshaug
01-07-2013, 04:19 PM
Welcome also! We are neighbors, it seems. I am in San Tan Valley, just 10 miles from Florence. I have been casting and reloading since 1977. Lots to learn from this board, always something to read!

MtGun44
01-08-2013, 01:10 AM
Welcome!

+1 on spending time with the stickies on subjects of interest.

Bill