PDA

View Full Version : The hole was filled quickly!!

Gussy
07-06-2007, 01:12 PM
At the "Q" shoot last month I sold a Browning BPCR. Everytime I opened the safe there was that blank spot. It just kept nagging at me. To under use something like that just bothers me no end.

Well I spent a few hours looking at the possible fillers and there was one that just kept popping up. A new Winchester Creedmoor 45-90, 34" Badger Barrel, Soule rear sight, windage adjustable front sight. Perfect long range gun. A duplicate of the long gone Browning 45-90 Creedmoors.

It's sitting here. Wow, the safe can finally be filled again. This looks like a shooter. The trigger is great right out of the box, unlike the Brownings. No work needed there. Sights are very tight, no slop there either. Case colors are really wild, much brighter than the Brownings.

The down side. I probably won't have time to get some loads up and shoot it for at least a month. Oh well, at least the safe won't tip over from being out of balance.
Gus

wonderwolf
07-10-2007, 03:29 PM
:brokenima

Wheres the pics??????????

Gussy
08-25-2007, 08:53 PM
finally got a photo, but it is still unfired.
http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd47/jimc99328/win45-902-1.jpg

Black Prince
09-06-2007, 11:25 AM
WOW!!! Those colors ARE much nicer than the Brownings. Where did you find the rifle? I don't see them in this part of the country for sale and I was told that Winchester has been bought and moved out of the country. What's tha story?

Gussy
09-14-2007, 06:19 PM
I got it from a poster on the BPCR forums. I just checked the trigger pull and it broke cleanly at 3 lbs even. No creep, just crisp.

I have seen several on Guns America, but don't know if they are on now. There were 3-4 and there was supposed to be a couple more from the distributor that had been held up for some sight problem that was being corrected.

Still unfired and it's driving me nuts. I need a shooting bench!!!!