PDA

View Full Version : SURPRISING accuracy @ 100 yards!

mainiac
07-06-2007, 12:33 PM
Been out shooting the .32 t/c again... Load is 22 grs. ( by volume) swiss fff g , .o17 blue stripe pillow tick lubed with lehigh valley lube. Found a suitable target for 100 yards, and shot multiple 1.5 inch groups! Didnt realize that this pea-shooter could shoot so well! With out wind flags, it wont shoot groups very well. A slight quartering wind will easily blow this little ball 2 inches @ 100 yards! But if im paying attention, it shoots real well! Also shot some ox-yoke wool wads that was lube with 1000 lube. By using the wad, balls hit about 2 inches higher than without. Stopped using them because of numerous fliers. Dont think ill try them anymore. Probaly wont write much about this gun anymore... Aint it funny that when you get a gun shooting very well, that it sits in the safe? Thats what happens with me. I have a .45 ruger bisley that shoots 1 inch groups @ 25 yards, and i havnt shot it in a long while. I prefer to play with guns that dont shoot as well!!! What is wrong with me?????

45nut
07-06-2007, 12:38 PM
I prefer to play with guns that dont shoot as well!!! What is wrong with me?????

Common affliction I call " nonchallengeitis" , thats what drives the next purchase and the next challenge. I have many guns that are boring to me and yes, they sit idle. Are they for sale? not.

nicholst55
07-09-2007, 09:02 PM
Once I get a gun shooting bughole groups, I usually lose interest in it. That's generally when they get sold. (I know, I know.)