PDA

View Full Version : Mold ready to test

44man
01-05-2013, 04:06 PM
I am ready to see what diameter the 30-30 boolits are. I finished the plate and got all drilled and tapped. Handles are on. The tool marks are deliberate and I never remove them, the plate has no light spots under and is smooth as glass. The bolt is stainless aircraft, maybe $6 each but hey, I worked for an airline! I cut a chunk of Romax copper wire to fit the hole for the set screw holding the bolt tight so I don't ruin threads.
See the holes from the handle pins? I drill all the way through because I use pins and set screws. I use a number 34 drill all the way, then a 21, 1-5/16" deep, tap for a 10-32 setscrew. I tighten the setscrew and not push the pin, it still floats. But sometimes a pin will stick a little so I can put an Allen wrench into the top hole and push the pin free. I need to change handles from one mold to another.

cbrick
01-05-2013, 05:14 PM
That's pretty cool but where's the pics of the cavities? There are cavities right? :mrgreen:

Rick

44man
01-05-2013, 07:13 PM
That's pretty cool but where's the pics of the cavities? There are cavities right? :mrgreen:

Rick
Yes, I showed them before. More of a test to see what diameters I get for the Marlin.

I'll Make Mine
01-05-2013, 11:29 PM
Maybe it's just the lighting or camera angle, but the sprue holes look smaller than I'd expect.

44man
01-06-2013, 09:41 AM
Maybe it's just the lighting or camera angle, but the sprue holes look smaller than I'd expect.
I made them smaller. It is just a little bitty teeny .30 cal! :coffee:
They are the same size as my RCBS plate.