PDA

View Full Version : RunFiveRun's mailing address

Love Life
01-05-2013, 03:30 PM
I've got to get something in the mail for member RunFiveRun, but I deleted his address like an idiot. If somebody has his mailing address can you please PM it to me?

I have sent him a PM, but he is offline and My post office closes in 2 1/2 hours.

Thank you,
Dick

geargnasher
01-05-2013, 03:34 PM
I have it, I'll PM you shortly.

Gear

Love Life
01-05-2013, 03:35 PM
Thank you Gear.

geargnasher
01-05-2013, 03:44 PM
You should have it now, took me a minute to dig it up.

Gear

Love Life
01-05-2013, 03:46 PM
Got it!!

shooter93
01-05-2013, 08:45 PM
I bet if you just addressed it...Lube Wizard....out there somewhere....he'd get it......smiles.

runfiverun
01-05-2013, 09:08 PM
man,,, take a couple of hours offline to lube a few [6] thousand boolits and this place goes right down hill. :lol:
on the plus side i won't have to lube a 429241 for 10 or more years..............serious.
i hope.
well if i do i still have another half a bucket sitting there.

anybody know what is good to take for shoulder stiffness??

nhrifle
01-05-2013, 09:12 PM
Eight year old Kentucky bourbon on ice works for me!!

RayinNH
01-05-2013, 09:12 PM

Alchohol applied internally always helps :drinks:

Olevern
01-05-2013, 09:14 PM
man,,, take a couple of hours offline to lube a few [6] thousand boolits and this place goes right down hill. :lol:
on the plus side i won't have to lube a 429241 for 10 or more years..............serious.
i hope.

I take 600 mg of Ibuprophen, but I believe that is prescription strength. Gotta make sure to take it with food, otherwise it will tear up your stomach lining.

YMMV
blessings,
vern

RayinNH
01-05-2013, 09:15 PM
nhrifle, they're going to think us New Hampshurians, New Hampshurites, whatever, drink a lot :drinks:...Ray

Duckiller
01-05-2013, 09:18 PM
Everyone knows that people that live in New Hampshire often visit Dr. Green. At least they used to.

runfiverun
01-05-2013, 09:18 PM
ahhh i should have some ibu 800's here somewhere.
hmm,,, i wonder if washing them down with some yukon jack and water would make things really better.

Love Life
01-05-2013, 09:21 PM
I think everclear will get it into your system faster.

DIRT Farmer
01-05-2013, 10:28 PM
One pain reliver at a time boys, gotta watch out for drug interaction.

41 mag fan
01-05-2013, 10:46 PM
i hope.

Have to start taking your comp with you everywhere you go...it all goes to h*ll in a hen basket when you're not on here!

Icy Hot, heat pad and a fifth of whiskey will loosen up alot of things!

geargnasher
01-06-2013, 12:00 AM
I get stiff at long sessions with the progressives nowdays, either going to have to learn to break it up or start buying cheaper Scotch.

What did you lube those with? I'm almost afraid to ask! I have an eleven-pound batch of Avocado/Turd-colored goop with close to thirty ingredients that I was going to use for pistol stuff, but I'm kinda scared of it, it's like the creature from the black lagoon. This lube quest has gotten plain ridiculous.

Gear

runfiverun
01-06-2013, 12:22 AM
well a whole bunch of e-lubes got mixed with some ceresin lube.
then some green colored [saeco/rcbs??] sticks was mixed in till i run out of that.
then a b-wax sodim stearate lube mix was thrown in to balance out the visc.
i let it all hang out for a couple of days cut it into sticks and did a couple of quick shooting tests.
then re-set the whole batch with some carnuba red to firm it up a titch more.
it's not too slippery not too hard and it stays in the lube grooves.
it will be a good nuff revolver/pistol all round lube.
i'm not even gonna try it in the rifles because it's probably perfect and i have no idea of the exact make-up.
i have about 20 more sticks of it to use up, so i should be good for about 4 more day's......

btroj
01-06-2013, 12:29 AM
Run, why isn't your daughter complaining about a sore shoulder from sizing instead of you?

geargnasher
01-06-2013, 12:32 AM
i'm not even gonna try it in the rifles because it's probably perfect and i have no idea of the exact make-up.

I know EXACTLY what you mean. Don't shoot it in rifles or even really accurate pistols, you'll be kicking yourself for years if it ends up being just right!

Gear

geargnasher
01-06-2013, 12:34 AM
Run, why isn't your daughter complaining about a sore shoulder from sizing instead of you?

Those five buckets of boolits got me to wondering about sore shoulders, too. Did Mrs. Runfiverun cast those?

Gear

runfiverun
01-06-2013, 01:14 AM
i haven't gotten to the ones the wife cast yet.
there are 2 buckets of 158gr rnfp's there she did cast, a bucket of 125 gr rnfp's,and a partial of
358477's.

little girl don't lube. [she had an operation on her hands so that is a no go]
all i can get her to do is re-load and smelt.
she has the shooting thing down pat though.

hmm i do have three star's with feeders,heaters and air cylinders.
and there is an air manifold right there behind them.
but then i would have to stand near one of the family members,
and that usually ends up in more goofing off than work getting done.

btroj
01-06-2013, 10:57 AM
Feeders and air cylinders? And a sore shoulder? From holding a beer?
You weren't sizing bullets, you were merely supervising equipment.

geargnasher
01-06-2013, 01:59 PM
I see a power boolit collator in the future......

Gear

runfiverun
01-06-2013, 02:07 PM
still have to push them through.
i was saving up for the auto sizer but they jacked up the price so i have to do it the old fashioned way still.
i can do 3-4,000 in a day easy enough [i can do waay more...once] but after a couple of day's it takes a toll.
still waaay better than the lyman i started with.
the feeders feed the boolits to the sizer,the air cyl's keep a constant pressure on the lube.
and the heaters? welll it's usually 55-f in the garage, plus you need that base for the feeder to mount to.

i tried to run them telepathically once but apparently my brain power only goes so far.
about 2"s seems to be my limit. :lol:

geargnasher
01-06-2013, 02:20 PM
The pushing-through thing has been licked, too. Somebody here posted a link recently to a utube vid where a guy had rigged a motor and wheel to a connecting rod attached to the handle of his star. A switch stopped the motor after one full stroke allowing another boolit to be placed in the die, and a knee-paddle operated a second switch to initiate the cycle again. I'd say it was a large investment of time and money to be lazy if I didn't understand about worn-out rotator cuffs, carpal tunnel syndrome, and tennis elbow.

Gear

btroj
01-06-2013, 02:57 PM
The power sizing seems the way to go, at least for volume work. The old shoulder does complain about lots of sizing or other repetive motion. 50 keeps getting closer and closer.

I have a heater and air assist for my Star, never could live without them now. The air cylinder makes it so much better.

I just finished building a new casting bench. Now to get it all set back up. I think this will be better than the old chest freezer I was using. Having my ingots stored under the bench instead of across the garage will be nice. Wife will be happier too, that always makes it better.

nhrifle
01-06-2013, 04:41 PM
nhrifle, they're going to think us New Hampshurians, New Hampshurites, whatever, drink a lot :drinks:...Ray

And they would be right!!!!!

runfiverun
01-06-2013, 08:22 PM
wyman wynn has a set up [here somewhere] he built himself, it works pretty slick.
i have seen the other one on the u-tube somewhere else before.
i'm pretty low tech.. that stuff is a bit over my evengonnaattempt it.

Idaho Mule
01-06-2013, 10:25 PM
Can one of the mods check on getting the Govt. warning about this site?? Addictive?? JW

runfiverun
01-07-2013, 12:06 AM
heck jw.
you haven't seen me ,brad,and ian drift a thread yet.
shipping address to stars and automation ain't nothing. [at least we kept this one within the forums topics]
i'm pretty sure we have worked in college choices,cam phaeser timing, girls heebejeebee's,bearing wear, and exhaust valve timing in a perfectly good casting thread before.
i even got in a home made [from scratch] grease recipe once in the off topic section. :lol:

Wolfer
01-07-2013, 12:41 AM
I have it on good authority that Yukon Jack won't ease your shoulder pain, you just won't care!

MT Gianni
01-07-2013, 01:04 AM
I have been working on the 1500+ 40 cal Lee 175'w I cast Friday. They are a breeze on the 450 compared to the 600 22 cal gc boolits I fought with on Sat.

runfiverun
01-07-2013, 01:51 AM
dang it.
that reminds me i need to cast some more 22 boolits.
the trip to nevada last year put a rightous dent in the cast 22 supply.
seems the more i get done the further behind i get.

geargnasher
01-07-2013, 01:56 AM
Camshaft phasers and ECM reprogramming on the 4.6L Ford DOHC with aftermarket rumpeties, I remember now. That DID, I believe, set the forum record for thread drift. I'm currently being confused because thread drift is not in the statistics column, but some other pretty obscure factoids are.

Gear

geargnasher
01-07-2013, 02:01 AM
HA! Found it, the search feature is up and working I see.....http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?155716-Concave-Bases-on-Recovered-Boolits&highlight=phaser

Here's another doozie: http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?157328-45-Colt-and-44-Mag&highlight=phaser

Gear

edit, how come the forum always pigs badly at 12:02 AM? Y2K anxiety?

geargnasher
01-07-2013, 02:02 AM
HA! Found it, the search feature is up and working I see.....http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?155716-Concave-Bases-on-Recovered-Boolits&highlight=phaser

Here's another doozie: http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?157328-45-Colt-and-44-Mag&highlight=phaser

Gear

runfiverun
01-07-2013, 01:50 PM
i think it's when our european members long on and everything switches over to metric.
it flinks out the clock because there ain't a 10 hour day.
stupid earth making up it's own time..

blackthorn
01-07-2013, 07:22 PM
I love this site!!! Only place that a request for an address (to be sent in a PM no less) will wind up two (or maybe more) pages long!!! Keep em' comming!!!

geargnasher
01-07-2013, 09:10 PM
Ya, metric time, I bet that really gave somebody heartburn trying to figure out. I'm sure somebody's thought of dividing a day into 10 or 100 segments with subdivisions, but I'm sure they got twisted up with that whole 365.32.......days in a year thingie. The Universe doesn't approve of metric. Maybe that's what happened to the Aztec calender, somebody saw the math didn't work out in the long run so they quit while they were ahead and let somebody 10,000 years in the future deal with the problem of the earth's rotation slacking.

Gear

runfiveswife
01-07-2013, 09:21 PM
yup i cast them... and can lube them to.. but my hand is messed up right now... and i think that if half of this forum went off line then there would be major problems... oh and me and the oldest daughter has been stuffing the tubes for him...

btroj
01-07-2013, 10:03 PM
I don't plan on going offline- my wife wpuld kill me.

I don't get help from my wife or daughter in sizing or casting. My wife is good enough to tolerate piles of bulets drying on a towel on the kitchen counter.

runfiverun
01-07-2013, 10:34 PM
how did she get a team boolit's contributors tag thingy???
i really gotta start keeping an eye on what she is up to..

41 mag fan
01-07-2013, 10:57 PM
Shes female lamar...haven't ya figured, out they get their way, what they want...and we men are left holding the bag so to speak??!!

oneokie
01-07-2013, 11:09 PM
how did she get a team boolit's contributors tag thingy???
i really gotta start keeping an eye on what she is up to..

She sent some irritated electrons to the correct destination.

btroj
01-07-2013, 11:24 PM
She whined? Is that all it takes?

Idaho Mule
01-08-2013, 12:15 AM
I see... The willingness to help, honest opinions, sharing of VAST amounts of real time knowledge is what initially drew me to this place. You guys KNOW this cast bullet stuff inside out and it is great to be able glean this knowledge and experience in such an easy going way, I really do like it. All the joking and such is a blast too. I was unfortunately at birth given a very large (tho some call it twisted) sense of humor. This site seems to make excersizing that sense of humor very easy and I truly love that. However, if I slip up sometimes and overdo something, please let me know!! I do not wish to hurt someones feelings at all and I have been known to get carried away at times. Threads like this just tickle me tho and I cannot resist some sort of smart remark. Thanks guys. JW

geargnasher
01-08-2013, 01:03 AM
Geez, I gotta check on MrsGeargnasher now, no telling what she's been up to (probably checking on ME!). She's very tolerant and understanding when burnt soap odors escape from the gun room, so I can't complain if she doesn't help much with the nitty-gritty of the process.

Gear

runfiverun
01-08-2013, 01:33 AM
it's easier to judge someones meaning about other things once you are able to joke with them.
we do have a pretty easy demeaner here,and these wandering threads are some of the best ones there are.
sometimes some actual information is passed along too. :lol:

i'm betting as a lot we have some really understanding wives.

waksupi
01-08-2013, 02:11 AM
There was a suggestion raised that we not allow people to get off topic in the threads. I'm still shaking, and taking illicit drugs to get the idea out of my head. How DARE they! :drinks:

btroj
01-08-2013, 09:28 AM
Define "Off Topic"? I can't wait to see which Mod gets to decide which posts meet that standard. I vote for someone other than Waksupi?

Wait, maybe we could have a special forum section for threads that are drifting. Sort info not by area of interest but by drift or no drift.

Mal Paso
01-08-2013, 12:29 PM
The power sizing seems the way to go, at least for volume work. The old shoulder does complain about lots of sizing or other repetive motion. 50 keeps getting closer and closer.

50? Don't know about Kids these days!

runfiverun
01-08-2013, 11:13 PM
the really bad part is i just figured out i can run two of them at once.
so i could have been doing 44's and 45's or 38's at the same time.
oh well, only one and a half buckets to go..

Blacksmith
01-09-2013, 12:41 AM

My wife doesn't understand me but she has tolerated me these last 49 years.

runfiveswife
01-12-2013, 01:00 AM
yup ok i did not even know i had that cast boolits thingy... until i read your all replys.. dont know how i got it... and whining in this house gets you no where at all... but i dont whine i just do what he needs done weither it is loading tubes or makin boolits or going to the post office to pick up packages... isnt that what we are suppose to do... wifes that is.. help the husband[smilie=1:

geargnasher
01-12-2013, 01:43 AM
it's easier to judge someones meaning about other things once you are able to joke with them.
we do have a pretty easy demeaner here,and these wandering threads are some of the best ones there are.
sometimes some actual information is passed along too. :lol:

A couple of years ago my wife came home and handed me a road-rashed wheel weight that she'd stopped to pick up off the street. I don't know it that was understanding, tolerance, or her sense of humor, but I never have melted that one.

Gear

Mrs.Geargnasher
01-12-2013, 01:52 AM
The things I do for love. ;)

btroj
01-12-2013, 11:52 AM
Did you make a shadow box to display it in? Great anniversary gift there Gear.......

Mrs.Geargnasher
01-12-2013, 12:53 PM
Did you make a shadow box to display it in? Great anniversary gift there Gear....... Ooh, our anniversary is coming up actually.

btroj
01-12-2013, 01:00 PM
See Gear, here is your opportunity to rekindle the fire.

runfiverun
01-12-2013, 02:38 PM
AHHhhhhh,loves first roadrashed WW'.....[kissy sounds] :lol:
haley said i had to type that kissy sound part.
i told y'all there was sumthin wrong with that dog.

oh down to the last half bucket.

geargnasher
01-13-2013, 12:11 AM
Half bucket of what? :kidding:

Reminds me, that sip of Ardbeg the other night was really good, might have one tonight while I try to figure out how to add one thousandth to the necks of my .308 brass. I've knocked the necks back on a couple of every brand of .25-06, .270, .284, .30-06, and one brand of .35 Whelen that I have, RP .270 comes close but quits about 1/16" from the mouth after turning, won't quite clean up.

Arg.

Gear

runfiverun
01-13-2013, 12:20 AM
military.
you know how to do it,add some nail polish inside, err outside
then put .002 on, turn it back off the outside after pullng it over the expander ball again.
you'll have to polish the inside some or it'll be too smooth.
you are gonna get 30 loads from a case id bet.
my way adds about .002 to the outside.

geargnasher
01-13-2013, 12:35 AM
Maybe I'll just dunk the first 3/32" of the mouth or so, that's all I need, then ream, size, and turn per usual. Makes me long for a .300 Savage, by golly if you shorten an '06 case far enough, you're bound to get enough meat on the neck!

BTW the military stuff must suck, the necks on all that are coming in under .014", and LC 30-'06 nearly .012". Even the NATO machine gun brass is puny in the necks.

Gear

btroj
01-13-2013, 12:43 AM
Isn't this why tight neck chamber reamers exist? Just saying.

runfiverun
01-13-2013, 01:30 AM
he had to have the 29.00 dollar close out bbl. :lol:
yeah just go to the neck junction.
you laughed at my long necked 300 savage case airc.....
but i only want about 2400 ish.

geargnasher
01-13-2013, 04:09 AM
Isn't this why tight neck chamber reamers exist? Just saying.

That's cheating, Brad. No fun at all. This would have worked out just dandy for this SAAMI-minimum spec chamber had the throat entrance also been unusually tight. Might have to ream it and use a bigger boolit, but right now I'm just trying to get it to shoot.

Gear

runfiverun
01-13-2013, 04:11 AM
you know a little rust in there would fix everything too.

btroj
01-13-2013, 08:30 AM
Time for some stearic acid in the lube?

And isn't cheating the way it should be? Custom mould, custom barrel, custom chamber? Sadly, it all comes with a custom price tag.

runfiverun
01-13-2013, 04:18 PM
i'll talk him into a rebore to 323 or 358 then we can end all this nonsense..:lol:

btroj
01-13-2013, 04:43 PM
I think all those year of smelling exhaust have gotten to him. Wo knows, maybe it is just a stubborn Texan thing.

I wish you luck with your convincing.

Just Duke
01-13-2013, 04:56 PM

You have damaged muscle that you would not normally use. In order to build muscle you have to bring it to the point that it needs to be repaired. The muscle then repairs itself during the sleep cycle and becomes stronger than it was before .
Ibuprofen induces hypothermia and not conducive to cold weather activities and also causes gastrointestinal side affects.

geargnasher
01-13-2013, 04:57 PM
Exhaust is nothing. Too many years of being cooped up in tight spaces with brake cleaner fumes. That, and just plain BEING a mechanic tends to make a person pretty ornery. Mechanics get the worst of it all, our job is based on finding ways to fix the things the lazy/worthless/incompetent engineers didn't make right to begin with, the parts made by the lowest bidder, the apathy/ignorance/carelessness of the customer who doesn't take care of their stuff, and the natural order of mechanical attrition. Very depressing, actually, which is probably why so many mechanics are drunks.

Gear

Just Duke
01-13-2013, 05:07 PM
Exhaust is nothing. Too many years of being cooped up in tight spaces with brake cleaner fumes.

Gear

OH MY! What you were breathing is Methyl Ethyl Ketone http://www.pactox.com/library/article.php?articleID=24
I use it to clean gun part prior to spraying with baked on epoxy finishes.

btroj
01-13-2013, 05:10 PM
Yeah, brake cleaner is some nasty stuff. Then again, about any organic solvent that is highly volatile is bad stuff.

Duke, ibuprofen doesn't induce hypothermia. It will reduce a fever but that isn't the same as I during hypothermia. The GI effects are generally dose and time related. Many take the stuff in big doses for many, many years with no effect on the stomach. This is all related to the actual mechanism of action of the NSAIDS. Prostaglandins in joints mean inflammation, in the stomach they are protective. Can't inhibit synthesis of one without inhibiting the other.

Idaho Mule
01-13-2013, 08:04 PM
Gear, mechanics drink?? How do they find the time?? And how do they grip a bottle/glass with their beat up hands. I think they use an IV settup to ease the pain. How do ya do that jerky chain thing? JW

geargnasher
01-14-2013, 12:08 AM
It's called a Koozie! Actually, I don't drink beer, but those techs that do have dozens of them on standby. Sometimes a bareback Dr. Pepper is good, cold helps the nerves in my palms.

Ask my wife about how many bottles of OTC NSIADs are by my bed, side table, cars, kitchen counter, etc. I don't live on the stuff, yet, but I'm only 37. The more of the bad stuff the EPA takes out of our automotive chemicals, the more we have to make up for it!

Gear

runfiverun
01-14-2013, 01:35 PM
what,,,,, Dr.Pepper helps your hands.
nooo.
i drink 2-3 everyday,hmmm now i wonder how bad they'd be if i didn't.