PDA

View Full Version : Coyote attack in washington state.

starmac
01-05-2013, 03:38 AM
They were probably after the guys puggle. I'm not 100% sure what a puggle is, but they must look tasty to a coyote.

Wildlife EXPERTS say december is the time of year coyotes look for food. lol I see these experts are getting pretty dad gum smart.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/01/02/washington-man-attacked-by-coyotes-near-elementary-school/?intcmp=obinsite

polara426sh
01-05-2013, 07:52 AM
I'm not an expert, but if I was a coyote I'd look for food year round! I believe that a puggle is a pug and poodle cross.

oldred
01-05-2013, 09:41 AM
They also said he was forced to get 26 rabies shots, that old type series of treatment has not been used in years. Any thing to make a news story more dramatic such as December being a more dangerous time for Coyotes, as if they didn't eat during the rest of the year!

fatboy
01-05-2013, 09:44 AM
this time of year, in my experience cyotes are all about territory. not to mention they HATE domestic dogs anytime of the year. But im no exspurt!!

Chihuahua Floyd
01-05-2013, 10:30 AM
fatboy,
I thought yotes loved dogs, kinda like I love steak, chicken, pork, ect..
CF

Doc65
01-05-2013, 10:48 AM
Locally some lady was out on a mountain trail in a "wilderness park" the other day & let her little terrier get out in front of her. Then she heard it "crying" and tried to find it. Later in the story she & her husband went back looking for it & found blood & the dogs sweater(I'm NOT making this up). There is no mention of either of them being armed, which I think is just stupid if you are looking for your dog and even suspect a coyote attack . Going out looking for said coyote without personal protection is just asking to become desert.

Charlie Two Tracks
01-05-2013, 11:43 AM
I live in a town of 6,300 and right smack dab in the middle of the town. A few years ago I woke up, got some coffee and went onto the back deck. There at the edge of the deck was a real mangy coyote who growled at me (10 ft away) and then took off. It got me woke up real quick. We get them in town once in awhile.

crabo
01-05-2013, 12:06 PM
Dallas and the suburbs has them all over in the middle of town. I took a couple of pictures of one with my phone at I30 and Buckner a couple of days ago. He was large and well fed.

oldred
01-05-2013, 12:12 PM
He was large and well fed.

Better would be he was large and well shot, I hate the mangy things!

crabo
01-05-2013, 12:15 PM

Like this?

http://i1078.photobucket.com/albums/w482/Crabo308/Game/Downtown%20coyotes/Coyote2_600x380_zps6c6daa7a.jpg

Freightman
01-05-2013, 12:22 PM
As our drouth get worse the wild animals are coming into town as most of the water sources have dried up out in the country. I hear them at night in the summer as my widows are open not so much in winter as windows are closed and hard to hear anything. I have killed three large possums in my back yard and it is a solid six foot with a concrete footing.

oldred
01-05-2013, 12:23 PM
Now that's more like it!

It was not long ago at all that coyotes were unheard of here in Tn then a few years ago we started hearing of sightings and now the stinkin things are a real nuisance, if it went from none to a plague of the dang things in about 15 years I hate to think what a few more years will bring! Lots for them to eat and no natural enemies except for farmers and hunters.

blackthorn
01-05-2013, 12:43 PM
We are on the edge of town and we get all kinds of wildlife here Yotes, Bobcats, Deer etc. Just over a year ago we lost our old cat to a Yote but I havent been able to get one in the SSS position ---yet. As far as the folks out looking for their dog without being armed, probably Liberals (Democrats), educated by Disney!

1Shirt
01-05-2013, 12:51 PM
I grew up in western N.Y. and there were NO yotes at all there 60-70 years ago. Now I hear from friends of mine back there that yotes are fairly common. Not sure why for that area. However, I agree about concerns regarding the drought conditions in the midwest, and yotes being pushed out of open areas and into populated areas.
1Shirt!

Beau Cassidy
01-05-2013, 02:39 PM
A pugle is a cross between a pug and a beagle. Very trendy dogs right now.

quilbilly
01-05-2013, 02:41 PM
When I lived in a little town east of Seattle and rode my bike on a riverside trail, there was a pair of coyotes (alpha pair I think) that really had the system wired for a while. One would run out on the trail to distract the dog walker who would pull the leashed dog behind and the other would run up behind and take the dog,leash and all while the walker watched the first. I saw the pair several times and would warn walkers away as I headed home. No guns or shooting were allowed on that rural trail.
That is why I know that coyotes are smarter than a lot of people I have met therefore a worthy adversary for my varmint rifle.

.45Cole
01-06-2013, 08:34 PM
Don't shoot the ones near Denver and the surrounding area, they're doing their best to run off the Boulder hippie-losers! Two chases now in three weeks.

montana_charlie
01-06-2013, 09:29 PM
There is no mention of either of them being armed, which I think is just stupid if you are looking for your dog and even suspect a coyote attack . Going out looking for said coyote without personal protection is just asking to become desert.
If that 'wilderness park' is true wilderness, I might want protection if suspecting that a wolf, lion, or bear took my dog.
But, if I expected to find coyotes, I wouldn't be very concerned about being unarmed.

Wildlife experts said this December is the time of year coyotes are out searching for their food.
Yeah, they search for it in December, collect it in January, store it in February, inventory it in March, sample it in April, prepare it in May, smoke it in June, dry it in July, wrap it in August, share it out in September, rehydrate it in October, and eat it in November.
Then, as the experts know, they start searching again in December.

Busy fellers, them coyotes ... and organized, too.

CM

Harter66
01-06-2013, 10:55 PM
A few years ago before gave up the VFD I missed 1 in the ambulance @ 7th and E in town. I shotgunned 1 in my duck decoys too, #1 steel at 1450 will do the job even to 50 yds (could've died of fright). I heard a few years ago the they captured 1 in Central Park NYC and put it in the zoo. They've lived on traffic islands and overpass banks in LA for years.

Kind of looking forward to whacking a few.

Bad Water Bill
01-07-2013, 06:31 AM
From what I have heard there is a pack of coyotes securely hidden and safe in the brush surrounding THE MUSEUM OF SCIENCE AND INDUSTRY in down town CHICAGO.

I was on a Chicago area web site where someone mentioned he was fishing a narrow stream when about 20 coyotes showed up. I mentioned about promoting CCW in that area and was beaten severely about the head and shoulders as a crazy gun freak.

I left the site. Just wonder if the fisherman has been reported as MISSING .

Yotes LOVE young ignorant flesh don't they?

Dean D.
01-07-2013, 06:42 AM
I get a chuckle every time I read one of these news reports.

I used to be a licensed Nuisance Wildlife Control Officer in the state of Washington. I gave up my license after the PETA crowd managed to pass legislation, using grossly dishonest campaign ads, outlawing the majority of the tools we as trappers relied upon. I fervently hope the vermin over-run the folks who voted for it. They made their bed, let em lie in it.

dakotashooter2
01-07-2013, 03:44 PM
As far as I'm concerned they can eat all of those little trash dogs that they can catch.

Hawkeye45
01-07-2013, 03:57 PM
Have several around here for years, got one of my chickens last night.

When I was breeding labs, always had several adult dogs outside with the pups. Never lost a single one.