PDA

View Full Version : Fairfax Rod and Gun Club...........

John-n-va
07-05-2007, 07:03 AM
Anyone here belong to the Fairfax Rod and Gun Club in Manassas, VA.?

arkypete
07-05-2007, 07:29 AM
I'm not a member.
I've read lots of good things about the club over the past 25 years.
Jim

John-n-va
07-05-2007, 07:40 AM
Yes Jim, its an excellent club and tough to get a membership in. You need two active members to sponsor you and then there is a 6 month to one year wait.

Swagerman
07-05-2007, 11:28 AM
My oldest son is a resident ot Fairfax, most likely not a member. I don't know what his other options are to shooting ranges.

Jim

bruce drake
07-05-2007, 11:34 AM
Not a member but did shoot several highpower matches there a few years back. Beautiful club but definitely a waiting list with a high buy-in requirement type of club.

If I was still in the VA/MD area and intended to retire out there, I would have put my name on the list for membership.

Bruce

Hip's Ax
07-05-2007, 12:06 PM
I shoot smallbore matches there and I can tell you, it a long wait for membership and a lot of money. Older members that are allowed to sell their memberships are reportedly getting $5000 for them. I'm shooting there Labor Day weekend. Nice place, lovely club house (they actually bid the kitchen operation contract, its sort of like a diner) with what appears to be a lot of different ranges available, I have only shot on the smallbore range so I can't tell you what the rest are like or even list them.

USARO4
07-05-2007, 12:52 PM
:: :drinks: Sounds like a downright fine and fancy establishment. I'm a member of the Redneck Rod and Gun Club here in Mid TN. We can sell our memberships for a six-pack of beer or a box of nightcrawlers!:drinks:

John-n-va
07-05-2007, 01:45 PM
That sounds like a clubI would enjoy being a member of....too bad you're such a long drive.:(

Hip's Ax
07-05-2007, 05:10 PM
John, I'm not sure of what kind of facilities you need for the kind of shooting you do but if your anywhere near route 83 by the PA border theres a nice little club off of the first exit in PA called Sietzland Rifle and Pistol. They do a lot of competitive shooting there but the range is great for anything all the way out to 200 yards. Any help?

arkypete
07-05-2007, 10:48 PM
That sounds like a clubI would enjoy being a member of....too bad you're such a long drive.:(

John
Where in Northern Virginia are you located?
Jim

The Double D
07-06-2007, 01:49 AM
From their websitehttp://www.fxrgc.org/general.html

Currently the Associate membership fee is $1,250.00. Active memberships, when available from the Club, have a membership fee of $2,500.00. Annual dues for both types of memberships are $350.00, payable in full on April 1 each year. Based on the present number of applications on our waiting list, there is a projected wait of approximated 3 to 6 months for an Associate membership.

I found several other very nice paces to shoot when I lived in N.VA. Google Issac Walton League.

John-n-va
07-06-2007, 05:48 AM
I live in the Warrenton Remington area of N.VA. Been looking for a club to join that has at least a 200yd range and preferably longer. I only live about 3 miles from Clark Bros. Guns but your life is cheap with all the squirrels that frequent that range.[smilie=1: Besides my Shiloh Sharps 45-90 is kinda cramped at only 100 yds.:-D All clubs in the area are private and you need 1 or 2 sponsors to even be considered for membership. Kinda tough to get sponsors when you can't even visit the club without a member taking you as a guest.:confused:

arkypete
07-06-2007, 07:27 AM
It may be a bit of a ride but Cavalier Rifle and Pistol in Vontay, Va., maybe worth checking into. We've got 100 yard rifle range, 100 yard rimfire range, bullseye range for 30 or so shooters, 50 yard PPC and IPSc/IDPA, two informal bays, a 300/ 500 yard line. Right now the 300/500 yard line is set up so that if somebody is using one the other is closed, some time in the next couple of years that will be corrected. And there is sporting clays, camping, fishing. Total acrage is 434 there about.
There's still openings, I believe.
Jim

John-n-va
07-06-2007, 10:14 AM
Thanks Jim, I went to the website and it says the waiting period is 2 to 3 years. Its about 100 miles from where I live so I wouldn't be able to devote the time to the club that I would want to. I appreciate your help!

targetshootr
07-06-2007, 11:08 AM
Holy smokes. My $85 yr club dues are looking really good today. And it's not at all crowded for such a nice range. It's not in Va though.

TAWILDCATT
07-07-2007, 06:32 PM
neither is mine $35.all pistol with reloading rm.complet with 3 presses and molds
and I am 1000miles from it.oh well 90 acres will have to do here

piwo
07-07-2007, 09:06 PM
My dues are $200 year. We have a pretty nice club, but I have to constantly defend the dues each year to SWMBO...... http://www.shootingstl.com/home.htm