PDA

View Full Version : Para Ordnance Hawg 7 review (.45)

birch
01-03-2013, 09:08 PM
I just got one of these little babies, and I just wanted to tell people that if Para Ordnance has had issues in QC in the past, they knocked it out of the park with this gun. It is perfect. Too me, the greatest aspect of any handgun is reliability. Even a FTE/FTC/stovepiping SOB can be accurate. I can stand some inaccuracy if it means reliability. So far , I have had zero malfunctions of any kind. I have tried my heart out to get this thing to jam. I have limpwristed to the point of losing the gun out of my hands and it just cycles and cycles. The brass has zero dings or scratches after extraction.
It is accurate! I have a really nice Type 2 remington rand that is super tight and has a new GI barrel. It is accurate, but this little 3.5 inch para barrel is unbelievable. They claim to have the best barrel ever made installed on their gun. I believe they are incredible, but I place most of the emphasis on accuracy on the slide/barrel and slide/frame fit. There is a touch of play on the frame, but I assume a carry pistol was designed for a little bit of slop for reliability. However, the barrel slide fit is something to see for yourself. I had a SIG 220 that was impressive, but this fit is amazing. There is zero, and I mean zero play.
I just thought I would do this brief review since there are almost no user opinions about this firearm online. If anyone else has this gun, I would be interested to hear your opinions. For now (225 rounds into the gun) I highly recommend Para to anyone, and would be interested in purchasing a double stack in the future.

Guesser
01-03-2013, 11:24 PM
I came into a used P-12 last summer. It was my first experience with Para. I found that ammunition loaded for my Norinco 1911A1 was not good in the Para. I tweeked my length, charges and crimps and got the Para to run in the reliable sector of functionality. Tried the Para ammo in the Norinco and it works fine.
Happy me. I use 452460 and 452374 in both guns. The Para is the more finicky of the two but having found the correct loading/tailoring techniques I'm satisfied.

NoZombies
01-04-2013, 01:57 AM
I've got the C-6 Para. It's the LDA bobbed and smoothed single stack sub-commander size.

It's accurate, and has been dead reliable. It was still shooting fine for however many rounds it fired between when the slide cracked, and I noticed. (probably a few magazines worth) But para customer service after the cracked slide incident has caused me to swear them off. It's a shame too, I would love to have one of their tiny double stack LDA guns, but I refuse on principal.

bobthenailer
01-04-2013, 10:22 AM
i bought a P12 3.5" barrel in 45 ACP about 20 years ago still running perfect and just as accurate as my 5 inch 1911s at 50 feet.