PDA

View Full Version : lbt lubes

axman
07-04-2007, 07:51 AM
This topic may have been covered before I joined but what are your guys general opinon of lbt lubes. I have used blue soft for along time and has worked for me very well. I use it on lbt moulds as I have about doz. in 45 cal.

dubber123
07-04-2007, 08:00 AM
I too use the Blue Soft on almost everything, but I have 30 sticks of Carnuba Red to fool around with. Other than the cost, and occasionally a long shipping time, I can't really find anything to fault with Blue soft.

Lloyd Smale
07-04-2007, 12:04 PM
lbt lube is a fine lube.

Billwnr
07-04-2007, 01:16 PM
I shoot CBA military and benchrest matches. LBT works for me. I fiddle with bullets, cases and powder. Never had a cause to try a different lube.

I have some other lubes I'd like to test out and also shoot with my handguns but it seems time is limited for me.

Dragoon
07-04-2007, 05:28 PM
I use the Blue Soft and like it very well.

I know it is a secret recipe but who can guess about what is in it to give it that consistancy? I can smell the beeswax but other than that I don't have a clue.

curator
07-05-2007, 07:58 PM
I use both LBT blue and blue-soft on almost all my cast boolits. This is particularly true where accuracy and velocity are important. I can get the highest velocities and fine accuracy with blue. The only time I ever see any signs of leading is when I really push the pressure and velocity to "J-word" levels. And even then it is barely noticeable. I have compared it to NRA 50/50, Rooster red, Felix (sorry) SPG(smokeless only) and Lee liquid alox, and it ALWAYS turns in the best and most consistant accuracy, regardless of velocity.

felix
07-05-2007, 08:24 PM
Curator, no need to say you're sorry about using Felix lube. It was made to be adjustable via access to common knowledge, and it is up to you to make it commensurate with your application. As far as I know, no other lube manufacturer lays it on the line for any and all to see what its components are. Some of the newer polymer lubes, however, are in the technical literature, and making them would require very specialized equipment not easily accessible (or desirable) to home-oriented folks. Mobil and Permatex are two companies who have been very proactive in the development-from-scratch field over the last 10 years or so. ... felix