PDA

View Full Version : at the range with the .50 & real black!

mainiac
07-03-2007, 08:55 PM
Took my old .50 out for a trial today. Always used to shoot ff goex in it, and shot a few deer with it years ago. Back then I used it as a season extender, didnt really care about accuracy. Today i worked with the schuetzen fff in it, for the fuel. I think this thing can beat the .32 for accuracy! Settled on 70 grs of powder, lehigh lube & .017 blue walmart pillow tick. Cuts one hole groups @ 25 & shoots around an inch @ 50. Will have to refine it a little,and see if I can get it any better. As for the crono results, 50 grs- 1373 f.p.s. 69 e.s., 60 grs-1490 f.p.s. 54 e.s., 70 grs.- 1608 f.p.s. 36 e.s. things ive noticed about this gun and my .32,,,, lehigh lube gives about100-140 f.p.s. less velocity than using bore-butter, with the same charge. This .50,and also the .32 is sighted exact on @ 25 yards,and they are also on @ 50. This seems odd to me,because the .32 is snapping along quite abit faster. The .32 is 24 inch barrell, the .50 is 28 inch..... this might explain??? Anyways, going to try 100 yards next,and was wondering how low they will hit @ a 100 ??? Should mention that the gun is a investarms,that was imported from italy, by interarms,about 20 years ago. My wife bought it for me as a christmas present. Was happy until after i had it opened and was fondling it, she said " youll have to go pay for it yourself. Ol well, i ended up marrying her anyways!!! HA!

JeffinNZ
07-04-2007, 05:15 PM
Good results.

I would have expect a bit more velocity from the 3Fg powder but I guess the recipient will be none the wiser.

mainiac
07-04-2007, 05:21 PM
Good results.

I would have expect a bit more velocity from the 3Fg powder but I guess the recipient will be none the wiser.

No need to worry about that, I probaly wont have a chance to shoot a deer with it. The state has made a total mess of our deer population. They keep speaking of how healthy the herd is.... B.S. ! Down in the southern part of the state, theres to many deer, up here theres very few. Never seen the hunting so poor here. Until the state get a clue, i dont see it changing! Until then, I shoot paper.