PDA

View Full Version : savage 210......slug challenge

gutpile
01-01-2013, 01:10 AM
my best buddy inherited a savage 210 He confessed what he was paying for slugs for it OMG.7 to 8 bucks a ROUND!... it likes accutip Remington and the platinum ? Winchester 385 gr loads...
he says to me you make everything else better than factory......Fix it for me ......I have a lee .502 diam 430 grain lbt style mold with the gas check machined off. if i buy the blue rigid finger sabot from BPI Can you load accurate loads for this beast?

mnkyracer
01-02-2013, 01:47 AM
From what I hear, BPI had an issue with bullets tipping as they exited the barrel using the RSS sabot. I am still going to order some to try. I also plan on trying a sabot that sold by slugs-r-us that stays with the projectile.
Just for SnG's, I loaded used Hornady sabots with a 440 gr boolit. Got a lot of boolit tumble and found several seals/sabots with their centers punched out. I needed a VERY hard/strong card between the gas seal and the sabot. More testing to follow.

6pt-sika
01-02-2013, 05:26 PM
I have a Savage 210F I bought new in 1999 . Like the one you mention mine likes the Remington 2 3/4" AccuTip . Now granted I buy my slugs at dealer cost but at dealer cost they are about $2.25 each . Even if the dealer marked them up double that'd be no more then $4 a shot . Typically dealers in central Virginia mark a 5 round box of those at about $16-18 . So whomever you guys are buying them from are raping you BIG TIME .
Incidently I shoot the Remington 2 3/4" AccuTip 20 gauge shells in my Savage 220 and they are the same price as the 20 gauge both dealer cost and what the local shops are selling them for in my area .