PDA

View Full Version : What do SAECO handles fit

Irascible
01-01-2013, 12:57 AM
OK, so we have a sticky for who's molds fit the LEE 6 cavity handles. How about the same kind of lists for Saeco, RCBS and Lyman 4 Cavity handles.
I just finished a maintainance day which consisted of handle dissassembly, cleaning and lubing with Bull Plate. All I can say is, although expensive, those SAECOs are BUILT! The old H&G are close but all the rest pale in comparison. Of my 5 pair of RCBS 4 of them had some very worn pivot screws that need replacement. I emailed RCBS and asked the cost, but the bolts will probably show up for free as usual. Darned good company.

YUP, I got an Email from RCBS bolts are on the way NC :)

Willbird
01-05-2013, 12:46 AM
OK, so we have a sticky for who's molds fit the LEE 6 cavity handles. How about the same kind of lists for Saeco, RCBS and Lyman 4 Cavity handles.
I just finished a maintainance day which consisted of handle dissassembly, cleaning and lubing with Bull Plate. All I can say is, although expensive, those SAECOs are BUILT! The old H&G are close but all the rest pale in comparison. Of my 5 pair of RCBS 4 of them had some very worn pivot screws that need replacement. I emailed RCBS and asked the cost, but the bolts will probably show up for free as usual. Darned good company.

They are nice, but golly are they heavy :-).

Buckshot
01-05-2013, 03:17 AM

...........I'm sure the primary reason is because the Lee handles are so inexpensive. They're a very good value for what they cost. Once you pin the handles on, they're trouble free.

.............Buckshot

MikeS
01-05-2013, 03:28 AM
Also, the Saeco, RCBS, & Lyman handles are for the most part specific to their moulds. I don't know of any other moulds that will fit on Lyman 4 cavity handles, and I think the same is true of RCBS handles, although I think some NEI moulds are designed to fit the RCBS handles. As for the Saeco handles, they fit almost any Saeco mould, be it 2 cavity, 3, 4 or more. I have an older Saeco 8 cavity mould, and it uses the same Saeco handles as some of the 2 & 4 cavity Saeco moulds I've had. I forget the name of the company at the moment, but the same company that makes the Saeco handles also makes all of the newer Lyman handles, but the mould attachment areas are machined differently, so the Lyman mould handles won't fit Saeco moulds, nor the Lyman branded handles fit Saeco moulds.

MT Chambers
01-06-2013, 02:37 AM
The Saeco handles fit Saeco molds, funny eh?

Bent Ramrod
01-06-2013, 02:21 PM
I think SAECO handles fit Modern-Bond moulds. At least I've found a couple so set up.

Irascible
01-06-2013, 11:07 PM
I have found that SAECO handles fit my BalistaCast mould very well. As do KAL's LEE handles
I have found that RCBS handles fit almost everything but SAECO and BalistaCast moulds. I don't own a Lyman 4 cavity so I have no info, But KAL says their handles for the Lyman 4 cavity are quite a bit thinner at .242 to .250 where as their LEE 6 cavity handles measure .300 to .303

MikeS
01-07-2013, 12:21 AM
The Saeco handles fit Saeco molds, funny eh?

Well, what I was trying to say is that unlike Lyman where a 2 cavity mould won't work with 4 cavity handles, etc. there is only one size of Saeco handles, and they fit all Saeco moulds, regardless of how many cavities it might have.