PDA

View Full Version : Accurate 360-200B Mold?

seagiant
12-31-2012, 12:31 PM
Hi,
Looking to see what everyone thinks of this mold or opinions on heavy 180-200 gr. boolits in the 357 Mag. for pistols. I have a new Ruger GP-100 w/6" barrel and wanted to lob some heavy lead down range and see what it would do on some steel just for fun! I like the looks of this boolit and might try it? Thanks!

Piedmont
12-31-2012, 08:03 PM
Too much meplat in my opinion. If it is just for steel you don't need a meplat at all do you? Huge meplat bullets tend to not range as well as more streamlined bullets.

NOE will have a 200 gr. RN group buy in production in not too long. It is a very blunt RN (a hemi nose) in two different diameters. I like it better than what you have drawn. Look in Active Group Buys.

cbrick
12-31-2012, 08:13 PM
If it is just for ringing steel I agree with Piedmont, the meplat will limit your accurate range. Also, I'm not sure what the cylinder length on the GP100 is and a 200 grainer "might" be a bit long for the cylinder without shortening the brass. If your cylinder is long enough for 200 Gr boolits take a look at the RCBS 35 200, similair design with a somewhat smaller meplat, shoots great in my revolver to 200 yards.

Rick

seagiant
12-31-2012, 11:36 PM
Hi,
Thanks Gentlemen! Well,this is not my design this is in Tom's catalog on his site so guess someone came up with it! I liked it's robust looks but understand your points on it. I actually have the RCBS 35-200 that I used for a 35 Rem. Contender I had. Never thought about using it for a pistol round? Appreciate the advice see if it's not to long for the GP-100!

On the latest,I found a NOE 5-cav.aluminum 358429 mold that is on it's way to me so I'm going to try that! Thanks again!