PDA

View Full Version : May I call it a score???

AndreaCarrara
12-31-2012, 09:36 AM
Hallo Everybody, Happy New Year to You & families all....just to say that this morning i went on the beach for a walk with my faithful "lead sniffing dog" and noted a wrecked fishing net washed up...quick look and...yes...something shiny was showing up...Well, got some pliers from the car and started cutting/ripping under guidance of my dog...left the beach with a pound of lead weights....I'll be back tomorrow morning, after celebrations, to give the final digging...I call it a " end of the year score".

Cheers to You All & again, Happy New Year...

Andrea

atom73
12-31-2012, 09:41 AM
Take everything you can get, good find.

nhrifle
12-31-2012, 12:40 PM
We are the best recyclers anywhere, taking stuff that has been discarded and forgotten and turning it into something useful. I scrounge everything I can. Good dog!

Rottweiler
12-31-2012, 12:56 PM
Score! Good Dog

762 shooter
01-01-2013, 11:26 AM
One clip on at the curb is a score!!!

Happy New Year.

AndreaCarrara
01-01-2013, 11:59 AM
Hallo Everybody, I went back to the beach this morning, equipped with gloves, cutter,pliers & dog.At the end of a two hours effort, I came home with another 5 pounds of lead weights...had to turn the fishing net upside down and dig well in but hey...as we say: "Chi trova piombo a capodanno trova piombo tutto l'anno"...meaning "Who finds lead on New Year's Day finds lead along the way"...OK, the original proverb was meant for something else, but I adapt it eagerly.
Cheers to All of You from Italy.

on1wheel01
01-02-2013, 08:25 PM
Nice find, can't beat free lead

saint_iverson
01-02-2013, 09:37 PM
How much do fishing nets go for?

bakrzdzn
01-02-2013, 10:33 PM
+1, good score. I was thinking the same thing about diving weights. I had 18# that are now inguts, waiting to become boolits.

cwa11is
01-06-2013, 08:27 PM
I went to a tire shop yesterday expecting a fair value buy for used ww's ( I was even willing to pay premium price, anything below scrap yard price ) and was rudely shut down. With my head hung low on the way back to my truck, I spotted one ounce and a half clip on at the ground below my driver's side door. I picked it up and threw it in my bucket and considered it a score, because the bastid seemed hostile to lead seekers. Anything for nothing is considered a score to me.

arjacobson
01-08-2013, 07:08 PM
We go to the tire shop quite a bit for work and I always keep my eyes to the ground. I usually find 5-6 WW just walking in the door..
I went to a tire shop yesterday expecting a fair value buy for used ww's ( I was even willing to pay premium price, anything below scrap yard price ) and was rudely shut down. With my head hung low on the way back to my truck, I spotted one ounce and a half clip on at the ground below my driver's side door. I picked it up and threw it in my bucket and considered it a score, because the bastid seemed hostile to lead seekers. Anything for nothing is considered a score to me.

badbob454
01-09-2013, 12:02 AM
1 pound is 16, 1oz slugs good score .., i was recycling doing my good deed for mother earth and lo and behold a nice 10 oz fishing weight ... ill take it also ,