PDA

View Full Version : 30 herrett forming loads?

blaser.306
12-30-2012, 10:32 PM
I am looking to do a batch of case forming for my 30 herrett, I am wanting to do this a little differently this time and am wanting some input on my plan. My thoughts are to use aprox. 7-8 gr of red dot with a lpp all stopped up with a Lyman 311241 pain base . Esentialy I want mediocre velocity with moderate( safe ) chamber pressure. these will be shot in quick sucsestion on the outdoor range, and being the temp has been right around -40 for a couple of weeks with no sign of letting up til say JUNE!!! Any thoughts or input would be appreciated. I usualy just use starting loads with a gas checked boolit to do forming , but due to the frigid temps there will be no extended range day and shooting of targets! Just noise and makin cases. Thanks in advance.

Lonegun1894
12-30-2012, 11:14 PM
I use 5.0 grs Unique to form mine, and for small game, with whatever cast bullet happens to be handy, so it sounds like your Red Dot load is about the same logic I use for mine, and should shoot well. At least my Unique load does. No recoil, at least quite a bit less than a standard .38 special, low noise in comparison to full power loads, and accurate. Bunnies beware... :)