PDA

View Full Version : application of 45-45-10 with fingertips

BK7saum
12-30-2012, 05:38 PM
Been lubing a few 247 whisper Boolits. I was getting too much lube on the noses of the boolits and having to wipe them down. Mostly because my tumble is too thick.

The last time I lubed I my Boolits in a pan on a hot plate to warm them. Put a few drops of lube on the pan as well. Picked up the Boolits when warm and with a finger swipe through the lube applied the lube to the drive bands only. Used a nitrile glove to keep the lube off my fingers.

Worked great. A little time consuming but I don't load in huge quantities for my whisper yet.

runfiverun
12-30-2012, 10:35 PM
you can also just dip them in the lube and stand them up to let the excess run off.
then push them through the sizer to clean the excess off.

BK7saum
12-31-2012, 01:20 AM
I had considered that but think I would have more lube on the bullets than i need or would want.

Dipping would be easier except for the gas checks prior to sizing. Some are loose and I think I might lose a couple in the dip.

Jeff Houck
12-31-2012, 11:25 AM
I had considered that but think I would have more lube on the bullets than i need or would want.

Dipping would be easier except for the gas checks prior to sizing. Some are loose and I think I might lose a couple in the dip.

Dip the bullet first then put the "loose" gas check on and it'll glue it on.

Jeff

Tonto
12-31-2012, 12:00 PM
Try dipping bullets in lube that is being warmed on a candle warmer or hot plate. Skim off the bottom drip and stand the bullets up on a piece of PVC trim board to dry overnight. Amazing how easy and how little lube is required, also lube only on bearing surface so loaded rounds neater.

sundog
12-31-2012, 12:05 PM
Loobing ala Ranch Dog. Works really good. I use a pill bottle cut off to a selected height. Anything like a shot glass would work, too. Add more as needed.

http://www.ranchdogoutdoors.com/Tips/Alox/