PDA

View Full Version : New Book about John Wayne

marlin39a
12-30-2012, 09:11 AM
John Wayne the Legend and the Man. An Exclusive look inside Duke's Archives. Released 12/4. I knew I had to have this book. Full of pictures released by the family and interviews with his friends. Cheapest place to find is AMAZON.COM. $27.13 with free shipping. It sits on my coffee table and is picked up daily. Sad to say, I thought the Hardcover was a little cheap, as is the binding. Page 272 at the bottom states: Printed and Bound in China. My how times have changed. Still this is a good read for us old TV cowboys.:-D

WILCO
12-30-2012, 11:09 AM
My how times have changed.

Lots of Romans used to say the same thing. Thanks for the heads up regarding this new release. The Duke is still my hero. :Fire:

shooter93
12-30-2012, 06:59 PM
One night when eating dinner here with my Brother in law and his two kids (who all but lived with us fulltime) my BIL mentioned a Duke film festival being shown on one of the movie channels. My niece Jessie said....I don't like John Wayne movies......the entire table froze and went completely silent.....my BIL looked at her and said....Jessie, you never, and I mean NEVER say anything bad about the Duke around your Uncle Scott.....lmao. She's a wonderful kid....but she never said anything like that ever again in my presance....lol.

reloader28
12-31-2012, 12:12 PM
I'd get a copy myself if it wastn't made in commie china. That killed it for me.
But I do love John Wayne.