PDA

View Full Version : You might want to share this with your Wife and/ or daughter

Ben
12-29-2012, 11:33 PM

WILCO
12-30-2012, 02:16 AM
http://www.snopes.com/crime/warnings/carjack.asp

Jim
12-30-2012, 07:30 AM
Ben, did this actually happen to your daughter or did you copy & paste the text?

youngda9
12-30-2012, 10:25 AM
Smart move would be to drive off and retrieve the $100 later...that'll show the carjackers, LOL

Bad Water Bill
12-30-2012, 09:02 PM
http://www.snopes.com/crime/warnings/carjack.asp

I have a friend that thinks Snopes checks with god before they answer anything.

Even if the story is false the advice of DRIVE OFF is still good. Is even $1,000 worth taking a chance of carjacking,possible rape and murder worth it.

Not in my book.

Ben
01-01-2013, 12:21 AM
Jim,

A friend sent this to me and encouraged me to share it with my friends.

Is it true.....I don't know.

Could it be true, you bet.

Ben

waksupi
01-01-2013, 12:49 AM
Okay, my question is, why would they let them get in the car? This doesn't sound right.

oneokie
01-01-2013, 01:45 AM
Look at the windshield wipers when they are in the parked position, chances are that the outer end of one is close to the center line of the vehicle. Place a Franklin under the end of that wiper blade and I do not think anyone has arms long enough to reach the center of the windshield while sitting in the car with the doors closed.

1Shirt
01-01-2013, 12:05 PM
Regardless, it is food for thought!
1Shirt!

Artful
01-01-2013, 12:19 PM
Who's checking on the checker's - I have seen stories denied by Snopes but found other stories on line that verified it - and later Snopes changed their tune - I think Snopes has an agenda as well.

http://www.bccourier.com/Archives/News_detail.php?contentId=12319

New carjacking scam on rise

By Judith Pannebaker BCC Editor

Bandera City Marshal James "Charlie" Hicks is warning city and county residents about a new carjacking scam that is currently operating throughout Texas.
According to Hicks, scammers tape a piece of paper to the rear windshields of vehicles belonging to potential victims. A victim then enters his vehicle and begins backing out of a parking space before noticing the paper on the windshield.
Normally, Hicks said, the intended victim puts the vehicle in park and steps out of it to remove the paper. "At this point, the scammers will force the victim back into his vehicle and steal his belongings and packages - or worse," Hicks said.
He added that this scam, which has been reported in Texas, could spread to this area due to the current tough economy.
"Please, always be aware of your surroundings and never retrieve anything taped or stuck on your vehicle until you have left the area and feel your surroundings are safe," Hicks said.
He also urged citizens to remember that scammers and thieves are opportunistic. "They want what you have and will go to great extremes to get them. Please lock your vehicles and never leave valuable items in plain sight," Hicks cautioned.
He also believes that vehicle burglaries, carjackings and robberies will increase as holidays approach.
"I know we live in a small community, but our Kerr County neighbors have already experienced a large number of vehicle burglaries in residential areas," Hicks said. "It can happen here so please be careful. If I can be of any assistance to you, contact me at the marshal's office at 830-796-3456."
He also urged citizens to report any suspicious activity to law enforcement authorities immediately.

Jammersix
01-01-2013, 01:00 PM
It's not food for thought. Well, at least not for me.

Can't be "sharing" it with my wife, because it would make her wonder if I'm a moron.

montana_charlie
01-01-2013, 01:13 PM
Okay, my question is, why would they let them get in the car? This doesn't sound right.
I would let the 'target' get in the car for several reasons.
First, the doors would get unlocked.
Keys put in the ignition switch.
Purse (money - credit cards) deposited in passenger or rear seat.
Engine started (probably).
Driver's door conveniently opened, with the machine running and ready to escape, when driver got out to retrieve the bill (bait).

BD
01-01-2013, 09:42 PM
Ever hopeful, I'll keep my eyes open. I could use the $100
BD

Jammersix
01-01-2013, 11:19 PM
Don't scare them, they're just getting wound up.