PDA

View Full Version : Thumbhole stocks

Beekeeper
12-29-2012, 11:45 AM
Not that I would want one but part of the Fienstein bill she will introduce will ban thumbhole stocks. Sounds kinda crazy to me.

There was a case here in California where an Olimpic shooter had their rifle conficated because it had a thumbhole stock on it. Took several months and several congressmen to get it back.

Maybe someone here knows why on the stocks?

beekeeper

jpamp
12-29-2012, 10:42 PM
I really like thumbholes on my target and hunting guns. Thumbholes are great to hold your cold gun on a treestand, as well as on my knight muzzlelloading turkey shotgun for when you have to hold your gun up for that old toms last long walk across the field whinch seems to take forever.

I understand how they were used to sort of circumvent the last ban for mak90's etc, but the silly part is all my guns with thumbholes are muzzleloaders, bolt action target guns, and single shot rifles. not exactly what anyone would think of as a gun in a AWB.

jpamp

Not that I would want one but part of the Fienstein bill she will introduce will ban thumbhole stocks. Sounds kinda crazy to me.

There was a case here in California where an Olimpic shooter had their rifle conficated because it had a thumbhole stock on it. Took several months and several congressmen to get it back.

Maybe someone here knows why on the stocks?

beekeeper

zuke
12-30-2012, 02:09 PM
:veryconfu:takinWiz: That make's just so much sense................