PDA

View Full Version : 340 extractor problems

kbstenberg
12-29-2012, 10:54 AM
I have a sick receiver in my Sav 340. The pin that holds the spent case ejector came out. And the part that extracts the shells fell out (which I still have), as well as the spring (which is lost) Could someone tell me what the spring looks like and how it fits in the slot for the extractor? i did find a spring on the flood but I am not sure if it goes to this part. The spring is a spring steel wire with one 360 degree circle offset from the center of the wire.
Kevin

atr
12-29-2012, 12:08 PM
the extractor spring is #35 on the schematic,,,its basically a small piece of piano wire with a loop....the only place I know that sells them is Wisners guns in Chehalis WA.
part numbers 35(spring), 36(pin) 37(toggle) are what makes up the extractor, the spring pushes on the part 37 which rotates about part 36 and part 37 acts as a "stop" for the case head....when the head hits this stop the case is kicked out.
this assembly is located on the left side of the receiver..and you have to remove the stock to access this assembly

your description of the springs sounds right, and it sounds like you are just missing the pin which you can probably make from a small diameter nail if you cant find one to purchase.
hope this helps
atr
PS...do your gunsmithing over a cloth covered support,,,anything that drops will not bounce off when it hits the cloth

MGySgt
01-03-2013, 04:18 PM
ATR - Thank you for posting the schematic - I have two 340's and this will come in handy!