PDA

View Full Version : Benefits of organizing the reload room

DLCTEX
12-27-2012, 11:13 PM
I began doing a little organizing this week. I have found all sorts of stuff I had forgotten. I was advertising on Swapping and Selling for a Loadmaster shell holder for 38/357 and today I found one in the clutter. I have a vague memory of buying a box of Lee items on Ebay about 5 years ago. There are the wipers for the Perfect powder measure, hex bushings for the 3 hole press, two small primer troughs for a Pro 1000, etc. Feels like Christmas again. I found a shellplate for the Pro 1000 I sold that I had forgotten. I thought it was a 9 for 41 Mag. but now it may be a 9 for 25-20. I have found bags and tins full of boolits that have been buried for years, and bunches of brass. I found 2 Lee 2 cav. moulds that I bought duplicates of because I thought I had sold them. I found several duplicate die sets. I really need to get organized, but if I had been I would have missed this fun.[smilie=1:

bart55
12-27-2012, 11:16 PM
Wow you sound just like me,whenever I get down and try to organize its llike Christmas all over again .

runfiverun
12-28-2012, 12:45 AM
yep, you find stuff you didn't know [err forgot] you had, and can't find stuff you know you got, [somewhere] all at the same time.

fatboy
12-28-2012, 12:48 AM
I feel your Joy brother, doing the same thing this week.

Gar
12-28-2012, 09:11 AM
Well darn, now you got me thinking about cleaning up the shop just to see what treasures I can find.
I’ve been moving piles of stuff from one place to another for over five years, no telling what got buried :)

FISH4BUGS
12-28-2012, 11:01 AM
I have been stripping and painting doors in the reloading and casting shed.....it joins the house with the barn....a nice little room maybe 15 feet square with a propane heater and plenty of flourescent lighting......ah the joys of buying a 1790's farm house!
I can't wait to get back to organizing the reloading and casting goodies. Haven't cast a bullet or reloaded or shot in 6 months......
Too bad making a living and working on the house gets in the way of all this fun......

pdawg_shooter
12-28-2012, 11:21 AM
When I need to put something away so I can find it later, I let the wife put it away. 10 years later she can tell me exactly where it is. If I put it away the only way I will ever find it is when looking for something else!

btroj
12-28-2012, 11:25 AM
But if I organize it then I feel obligated to keep it that way.

I prefer the "it is in that pile" method.

DLCTEX
12-28-2012, 01:10 PM
Some where in there is a large soup ladle I bought at thrift store for smelting, meantime I'm using a smaller one my wife gave me. Lot's of loaded ammo showing up.

HighHook
12-28-2012, 01:19 PM
But if I organize it then I feel obligated to keep it that way.

I prefer the "it is in that pile" method.

Thats the way i feel about it. Organizing cuts down on the loading time....

mold maker
12-28-2012, 01:27 PM
The only time I can remember being organized was over 50 years ago when I built my first bench. I was waiting for the delivery of my first RCBS Junior press, and dies.
My whole life has been cluttered, and my bench is the same.......

km101
12-28-2012, 01:50 PM
I was moving stuff around in the back of the garage a couple weeks ago. On a bottom shelf in back, I would two ammo cans that I had forgotten. One was 2/3 full of .357 brass and the other was almost full of .45acp brass that was fully prepped and ready to load. I felt like Christmas came early! Lots of loading going on for the next few days while it it quiet.

1Shirt
12-28-2012, 02:14 PM
There must be something in the air about organizing or reorganizing etc. I started partial organizing of my gun/reloading room on Christmas day. Been doing a little bit more each day. However, have done a little reloading as well, and it seems like if I am not carefull, the clutter fairy sneaks in to the room in the process. I have found a few things that I needed but couldn't find, some that I had forgotten, and a couple of things that I have no idea where/when I got them. Refuse to make a clean up the room resolution and to keep it straight, because I know that is about as probable as a second vergin birth. I will however try to keep the clutter fairy from doing her durnest to prevail.
1Shirt!