PDA

View Full Version : Gun Show

Scrounger
07-01-2007, 06:19 PM
Finally got off my butt and went to the Gun Show in Vegas this weekend. Hate that drive, almost 200 miles round trip, but they let "Old farts" in for free on Sunday, a bargain i couldn't resist. Got there at 9:15, left at 10:20; in between i bought some books, some cheap gun covers, some ammo boxes for my .45-70....and a Rossi .357... Only $250, I had to take it before some other damn fool came along and stumbled into the trap. That makes 8 lever guns now if I'm counting right.

imashooter2
07-01-2007, 07:21 PM
LOL! $50 in gas to save a $5 admission fee sounds like something I'd do.

Nice find on the Rossi! .357 lever guns are great fun. Fast and cheap to load for too...

Scrounger
07-01-2007, 08:13 PM
Actually admission is usually $12, I can't even remember when it was $5 in California, must be near 20 years ago. I had other reasons, I did some shopping at places we don't have out here and had lunch with my sister. And reminded myself why I live out here and not in Las Vegas...

lar45
07-03-2007, 01:39 AM
The latest info on them Rossi 357s is they are prone to burning lots of powder.
It seems like they don't turn up in gun shops around here very often. That's got to be a good sign, I know I really like mine and wouldn't mind finding another.

Scrounger
08-29-2007, 04:30 PM
Another Gun Show this weekend, and old farts get in free Sunday so I guess I'll go. Looks like they have a lot of displays:

The next Las Vegas Gun Show will be September 1-2 at Cashman Center.
Famous military firearms expert, Ian Skennerton will be in from Australia with copies of his latest books; "Lee-Enfield" and
"Hayes Handguns" as well as the new International Arms & Militaria "Collector" Annual.
Wyatt Earp, Grand son of the Original Wyatt Earp will be back to this show. Just filmed on the Road Show Antiques. Will air in January. He had his collection of 60 family photographs of his grand father and his friends authenticated by 30 professionals of the Antique Road Show.
Collection valued at over $50 grand. All photos will be on display as well as guitars owned and signed by Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young, Bobby Dylan, Pink Floyd.
Print the 2007 show calendar for easy reference: http://www.lasvegasgunshow.com/06/07cal.jpg
Discount coupons: http://www.lasvegasgunshow.com/flyer/lvdis.jpg