PDA

View Full Version : How Do I tune Rolling Block Trigger

smokemjoe
07-01-2007, 02:14 PM
My Black Powder Rem. Rolling Blocks have a 50 Lb. trigger pull, How do I make them lighter, 2 of them have a roller at end of main spring and one dont, Thanks- Smokemjoe

hiram
07-07-2007, 06:21 PM
The trigger spring is about 1.25" long. There are 2 flat springs like this but 1 is for the trigger. You could make a new spring from the end of a hacksaw blade. It's convenient because the hole in the hacksaw blade can be used for the spring screw. I suggest using both ends together at once and then trying 1 piece. My roller became a hair trigger with this and I had to buy flat spring stock and make a spring from a stiffer piece of steel. Good luck.

McLintock
07-11-2007, 02:31 PM
On my uncle's Egyptian, I drilled and tapped a hole just back of the full engagement notch so that I could insert an allen screw and adjust the amount of sear engagement. Stone the surfaces and make sure they're crisp and square on both the hammer notch and trigger sear and it'll come out pretty nice. You could also draw file the hammer spring to reduce the spring pressure some, kind of like they do Colt's, but have another one around in case you go to far and get it too light.
McLintock

hiram
07-11-2007, 03:40 PM
I had a RB built for me by a gsmith in Lakeland, FL. He used the screw and stone method like McL described on mine to adjust the trigger weight. It works well.

Mayor
11-17-2007, 09:06 PM
On my uncle's Egyptian, I drilled and tapped a hole just back of the full engagement notch so that I could insert an allen screw and adjust the amount of sear engagement. Stone the surfaces and make sure they're crisp and square on both the hammer notch and trigger sear and it'll come out pretty nice. You could also draw file the hammer spring to reduce the spring pressure some, kind of like they do Colt's, but have another one around in case you go to far and get it too light.
McLintock

Sir!

Can you give me more precise information on this sear modification? Not really a RB man but I am in need for a Sporterized Danish that is in the shop.

Thanks, in advance!

twidget
11-22-2007, 05:32 PM
Mine was very heavy, too, but not quite 50 lbs. I found some directions on the BPCR forum for making a trigger spring from music wire:

http://www.bpcr.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=338

I used .047 wire instead of the .050 but otherwise followed the instructions. The trigger is much better and I didn't have to make any permanent changes to the rifle.

nitroproof
11-22-2007, 07:51 PM
I simply installed a flat washer under the spring, brought the trigger pull on my milirary roller down to about 3-4 pounds!

gzig5
11-23-2007, 02:39 PM
I simply installed a flat washer under the spring, brought the trigger pull on my milirary roller down to about 3-4 pounds!

This also works well on the Swiss Veterli.
Greg

The Double D
11-24-2007, 09:56 AM
I would leave all those spring alone until you know they are causing the problem. Get your DeHaas Gunsmith Idea Book out and make sure the sear notch isn't undercut. That will cause heavy trigger pull big time.