PDA

View Full Version : H&R thumbhole stock- measurement needed

357maximum
12-25-2012, 04:55 PM
Hi guys.

I am trying to save a piece of pretty purple laminated wood that did not work out on another project. The only thing I own that it could possibly work on that I have is an H&R due to length requirements.

I need one of you that have an H&R thumbhole stock to take a measurement for me PLEASE.

I need the distance from where your thumb/palm juncture rests in the forward part of the thumbhole to the sweet spot on the forward edge of the trigger. If someone can break out there measurin stick and measure this for me it would be most greatly appreciated.

THANK YOU,
Mike

Bjornb
12-25-2012, 09:36 PM
Traveling today, will measure and post tomorrow. Mine is a new camo lam thumb hole stock from Boyd's.

357maximum
12-25-2012, 11:22 PM
THANK YOU, much appreciate the effort. Hopefully the measurement will tell me this thought will work out. My tolerances are a bit close due to the previous epic fail leaving me with very minor wood up in that area.

Bjornb
12-26-2012, 01:40 PM
The distance from the forward radius of the thumb hole (web between thumb and forefinger) and the rearmost radius of the trigger (where the first joint of my forefinger rests) is 3 1/8 inches.
Bjorn

357maximum
12-26-2012, 03:17 PM
Bjorn................THANK YOU..................................I am going to be tight on wood....worst thing that can happen is epic failure part deux I spose. :lol: