PDA

View Full Version : Lyman Orange T-Mag handle issue

drklynoon
12-24-2012, 12:46 PM
I've been using an older Lyman T-Mag for some time now. The issue I have with the press is that the handles natural position is down with the ram up. I see no way to install a spring in the linkages to keep it up. I am considering trying something with a magnet. The whole process becomes a little cumbersome when the ram's natural position is up. You have to prop it on your knee and hold back the priming arm and turn the turret with the other hand. That may not seem like an issue but after 1000's of loads it grates on you lol. I love the press but most of the time I do not run it as efficiently as I could because it is so cumbersome. The primer feed works alright; however, it does like to spit out the last 4 or 5 primers. My question is has anyone already come up with a modification to fix this? Oh and I broke the link on my 4500 the other day. Has anyone ran into that with the newer lubresizers?

jmorris
12-24-2012, 04:38 PM
Mine rests with the ram down and handle up. I can't say I use the primer part very often, more like almost never. I almost always use a hand primer, unless I am only loading a handful.

drklynoon
12-24-2012, 05:02 PM
Is yours a T-magg II? I am trying to get the most out of a good press and am not financially ready to step to a 550b. Right now I am having to handle each case three times for a loaded round. First I size de-prime and expand. Then I prime each one. Next I powder with a 55 mounted in my turret and seat bullets. This doesn't take a real long period of time if my powder measure is acting right but it would be more efficient if I could load each case as I pick it up.

jmorris
12-25-2012, 01:29 AM
Looks like this.

http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o213/jmorrismetal/reloading/DSC02166.jpg

drklynoon
12-25-2012, 03:30 PM
Yeah yours has the later linkage setup. My handle is inline with the press. I may be able to adapt the new linkage setup to the older press.