PDA

View Full Version : Threading an SKS

Revolver
12-24-2012, 12:35 AM
Does anyone on here rent out the die and pilot for doing this?

I want to thread a barrel for a muzzle brake. Trying to spiff up an ugly SKS, I wish it was stock as I really like the classic look but the original furniture is long gone, someone put on a terrible flimsy plastic thing that only says "Patent Pending" on it and the barrel was cut just in front of where the bayonett lug was. I guess I'm going to go the direction of an adjustable stock and accessorizing it a bit.

Thanks!

WILCO
12-24-2012, 08:57 AM
Might want to wait and see what the gun banners come up with. I'd just make sure it'll shoot straight at this point.

Revolver
12-24-2012, 10:35 PM
Meh, I would like to press forward and at least obtain the stuff if possible. This gun is so bad that I don't even want to open the safe right now.

craig61a
12-26-2012, 03:48 PM
You can get everything you need here: http://www.victornet.com/index.html?gclid=CKevtMTquLQCFYpFMgod6goAlg

I know the Yugo's used a 14:1 thread, if you are putting on a break for that it would be opposite of the AK thread which I believe is right handed

Multigunner
12-28-2012, 05:24 PM
No.5 Enfield carbines use a pressed and pinned flashider with no problems, so that would seem to be an option. I vaguely remember seeing this general type of muzzle brake or flash hider marketed for the SKS years ago. I think these were meant for cutdown "paratrooper" length SKS. IIRC a three prong M-16 style flash hider was one of those offered.