PDA

View Full Version : Met a fellow member

Idaho Mule
12-23-2012, 11:56 PM
Hey folks. I met the Crusty Deary O'l Coot yesterday morning. He and I realized we were pretty close as far as the crow flies, so after a few PM's we met for breakfast Sat. morn. Let me tell you he is a very nice man and quite knowledgable about this here cast boolit stuff. We had a very enjoyable meeting, it is always nice to meet someone with common interest. I don't know if anyone here trusts my judgement, but I certainly think that CDOC is one fine man. I would like to meet more members some day. Heck, that was my FIRST internet date!!! JW

Smitty's Retired
12-24-2012, 12:06 AM
It's always good to meet some of your forum buddies. A lot of good people to meet. I was fortunate to meet a couple of friends I had made on the old Surplus Rifle Forums. It's always good to meet friends with a common interest or hobby.

Dean D.
12-24-2012, 12:25 AM
That's great JW! I'll have to find some time and wander down you guys way sometime. I'm up in Newport, WA.

runfiverun
12-24-2012, 02:33 AM
if dean's comin down, i'm comin up if possible.

nhrifle
12-24-2012, 03:52 AM
I love meeting fellow shooters, loaders and casters. It's one of the many reasons I go to my local gun store.

41 mag fan
12-24-2012, 10:49 AM
Wouldn't it be cool if we could arrange some type of central meeting place, where anyone and everyone from cast boolits wanted to come they could. Like somewhere in the central part of the U.S. at like a banquet hall. Everyone could get together, with name tags of who they are...I.E. 41 mag fan, ect ect

farmerjim
12-24-2012, 12:51 PM
Regional gatherings would also be nice.

Jim
12-24-2012, 01:00 PM
Back in the summer, 41magfan came down for a two or three day visit. Jeesh, I couldn't get rid of that clown fast enough! :kidding: :bigsmyl2:

41 mag fan
12-24-2012, 02:56 PM
Oh...I finally figured it out...You had your wife call my cell phone pretending to be my wife with a cold, saying she was sick and needed me to hold her hand, I didn't realize it till after I was 100 mi away, that was a ploy AND NOT MY WIFE!!!!, and not till then did it dawn on me why you had my truck running for me with the drivers door open, and when i got in you shut the door and said Drive Safely, and was pushing on the back of the truck before I even had it in gear!!!!!
Then as I was driving away , I looked in the rear view mirror and seen you neked doing the jiggly wiggly dance!!! :happy dance::happy dance:

Jim
12-24-2012, 02:58 PM
You need more ventilation in your casting area.

41 mag fan
12-24-2012, 03:02 PM
Thats because I don't want thoe neighbors smelling the mash cooking!!!

BruceB
12-24-2012, 04:29 PM
[QUOTE=41 mag fan;1971617] "Wouldn't it be cool if we could arrange some type of central meeting place, where anyone and everyone from cast boolits wanted to come they could."

Every year since 2000 we have held the Nevada Cast Bullet Shoot in Winnemucca NV. It's a long-weekend get-together, with all comers welcome. Good fun, good company, great food. On some occasions, we've had casters from seven or eight different states attending.

Yes, it IS "cool" ( I DETEST that word!).

runfiverun
12-24-2012, 08:54 PM
i can think of 6 states that made it this year right off.
i didn't get a chance to talk to everybody there though.
i'm fairly sure there were more represented.

1Shirt
12-29-2012, 02:41 AM
I'd bet it would be a fun time. A long way from Ne however!
1Shirt!