PDA

View Full Version : Opinions/Experience on the Redding Big Boss II

GP100man
12-22-2012, 11:15 PM
Think of a Big Boss II with the priming set up .

Tell me The Good,Bad,& The Ugly .

Main concern is the mechanical advantage of the Press , My overhauled shoulder is gettin older !!

& is the priming system worth the coin ??

I now use the Hornady hand tool for small & the Lee auto Prime II (press mounted) for LR/LP & happy with em so far .

Thanks in advanced for any input or opinion.

GP

cutter_spc
12-23-2012, 02:11 AM
I've got one, but I don't have the primer feeder on it, just the standard priming arm. It primes on the down stroke, so it takes alot more force to seat the primers. So let me put it this way, I never, NEVER, ever use it for priming. Like you, I have the Lee hand held and press mounted priming units, and they are what I use. Other than that, it's a fine press that can handle about anything you can throw at it.

GP100man
12-23-2012, 09:36 PM
60some views & 1 response , Hhmm.

Is it the price or just not that many single stage loaders ???

I`ve tried the Lee Classic turret , a Dillon 450 & 550 in manual mode , did`nt scratch the itch .

Thanks cutter_spc for your input .

GP

o6Patient
12-31-2012, 12:45 PM
I've always used hand held priming tools (lee), never primed in almost 30 years of loading
with a press. The old guy I learned from used the Lee hand held so that's what I've done
with no complaints. (Lee was the only one at the time that had this tool reasonably priced
so I've always stuck with it.) I've bought an RCBS bench priming tool that I'm going to try
when I get re set up.

jmort
12-31-2012, 01:03 PM
A lot of people like the RCBS bench priming tool. I will always prime off the press and have two older Lee Auto Primes (keep them lubed and they last). Want to try the new Ergo Prime. I have the Classic Turret and love it but if that won't float your boat try the Redding Big Boss II.. I just got the Redding Catalog and it does look real nice. Since I only reload .38/.357 and .45 Colt, aside from shotgun, and I really would like to have two 444 H presses set up for the two die sets for the metallic cartridges I reload. http://www.ch4d.com/?com=catalog&view=product&alias=044000