PDA

View Full Version : Gunbroker insanity

Wis. Tom
12-22-2012, 06:01 PM
Anybody been on gunbroker auction lately? The buying is insane. Ammo, AR15's, you name it, is selling through the roof. I am so glad that the stocking lightbulb didn't just come on, as it is too late for any deals at all.

Tbird
12-22-2012, 06:22 PM
Gun shop in Houston selling guns 3 at a time..The salesman lines people up to fill out the paper work..Everybody in the store at the gun counter..Panic buying..Guns selling List price..no discounts

km101
12-22-2012, 09:03 PM
A local sporting good store sold 54 AR's (all they had) in less than 4 hrs. last Monday. They sold more guns this week than in the past 3 months combined! They say that ammo sales have been high, but nothing like the gun sales. Seems kinda' odd that ammo is not selling as fast as guns. They may be for resale shortly. The mall ninjas will buy them later at any price. :)

DanWalker
12-22-2012, 10:53 PM
I'd wager a large portion of those gun sales are to people who could care less about them, but are looking at it as a way to turn a LARGE profit very quickly. I hope the profiteering price gougers CHOKE on them! I saw the same thing a few years ago with ammo and especially primers. They all got bought up, then a year later, guys were trying to sell them, when their HUGE PROFITS didn't magically appear, like the "gun guy at work" said they would...

white eagle
12-22-2012, 10:57 PM
gun broker isn't anything compared to Wis.Armslist
see everyone wants to make a buck

leftiye
12-23-2012, 08:38 AM
Yup, git 'em whilst ya can! I'd been watching a variant of the AR 180, decided I'd better move while they were still available. After O'Bozo gets done, It may be more years than I've got to wait for this latest foolishness to go away.

44man
12-23-2012, 09:02 AM
Same here. My friend was looking for some guns for presents for his kids. The stores were about sold out of everything.

subsonic
12-24-2012, 10:15 AM
If you guys are looking for something that isn't an AR or AK, shoot me a PM.... There's a lot of stuff at the distributors still, just nothing that can be construed as an "assault rifle" whatever those are. No hi-cap mags either.... Pistols are starting to move too.

Wheelguns, shotguns, bolt guns have not been overly affected.

Frozone
12-24-2012, 11:42 AM
Sorta saw this coming and stocked up on lowers, uppers and bolt carriers.
A week before the election.
Wish I'd have done magazines too :-(
Getting a little concerned about small rifle primers too, I only have a few K left.

CJR
12-24-2012, 01:21 PM
What we are seeing here, once again, is the complete distrust American citizens have for their US Government.

Best regards,

CJR

snowwolfe
12-24-2012, 02:45 PM
What we are seeing here, once again, is the complete distrust American citizens have for their US Government.

Best regards,

CJR

Partially true. But mostly what we see is greed by people who are seizing a chance to buy something now and flip it for a profit later. Been guilty of making money myself in the past. But if no weapon ban or high capacity ban goes into law going to be a lot of disappointed "flippers".

9.3X62AL
12-24-2012, 03:43 PM
Another rush on firearms, ammo, and components. Not my first rodeo. I'm another shooter who hopes the price-gouging hoarders need salt and pepper in a few months to help EAT all of the stock they are buying up. I remarked to a local shop owner a few days ago that with the new rush underway, he might finally get those primers in his shop sold that have sat for 3 years at $3.75/100.

Hal
12-26-2012, 03:02 PM
Dealt with the primer and powder scare in 1994 . Still got some powder and some primers from then. Been there , done that .... but I use mind and is not for resale.

opos
12-26-2012, 03:13 PM
I watched all the insanity in 04 and watched folks paying double for guns and 3-4 times the retail for ammo...I had my components and had my factory "rolled" ammo so didn't buy anything...I did learn which dealers I'd deal with in the future and whose store I'd never enter again for major gouging. When it all calmed down again after 04 I watched (and participated) in all the horders dumping their stocks to try and convert to some cash....I had seen primers at $40 that normally sole for $27 that were on the market at $25...I stocked up on those...also found some factory 44 ammo that had doubled and was now back well under the 2004 starting price. So now here we are in the frenzy again...I got way more than I need and don' t have to buy anything...when the bottom falls out again some folks with 20 ar's will probably have to buy another safe to store them in for a while or dump them at low prices...sorry about that!

fatboy
12-26-2012, 03:31 PM
Profit makes the world go round, and being prepared allows you to stay calm in a crisis. So you dont have to deal with the speculator so much. I to have stocked my shelves when the last boom went bust. Hey its history and according to someone way smarter than i we are doomed to repeat it, so jump on boys its gonna be a rough ride.

FergusonTO35
12-27-2012, 03:44 PM
I think its funny to watch people on Gunbroker who don't even bother to compare prices. For example, one stripped AR lower will have one bid on it for $200.00 with 18 hours to go while another one is up to $300.00 with multiple bids and three days to go. if you're in the market for a standard hunting rifle or shotgun now is a great time to make a deal on one. Nobody is buying them, they are all sinking their cash into stuff thats high on the evil list.

Spawn-Inc
12-27-2012, 04:32 PM
I'd wager a large portion of those gun sales are to people who could care less about them, but are looking at it as a way to turn a LARGE profit very quickly. I hope the profiteering price gougers CHOKE on them! I saw the same thing a few years ago with ammo and especially primers. They all got bought up, then a year later, guys were trying to sell them, when their HUGE PROFITS didn't magically appear, like the "gun guy at work" said they would...

i hope the dumb nuts who buy them at those prices realize it's their fault in the end, don't buy it at such crazy prices and you won't have to pay them, up to a point of course...

MtGun44
12-29-2012, 09:36 PM
Sounds like I need to get that excess Colt Delta HBAR in near mint condition
put up on Gunbroker. A good time to be a seller.

Bill