PDA

View Full Version : Nra

Gliden07
12-22-2012, 05:35 PM
Just joined the NRA. I have gone on record on here saying I'm not a fan of there badgering members for more money after joining. But after last weeks Horrific acts in New town CT I think the only way to save our second amendment rights is solidarity!! So let the calls begin!! LOL!!

montana_charlie
12-22-2012, 05:42 PM
Just joined the NRA.
Is this the first time you have joined?

Charlie Two Tracks
12-22-2012, 06:09 PM
Good for you Gliden07. It's not perfect but I believe it's the best tool we have in Washington. Call your state reps. also.

Gliden07
12-22-2012, 06:12 PM
No I was a member many years ago. I never re-upped after my 2 year membership because of the constant barrage of junk mail from them looking for more donations (to which I did send some more money). The 2 things that frosted me most was when I called them about some of the things going on in my state (MA) and they knew nothing about it nor could they answer my questions then I was told they considered MA a lost cause. The second thing was the new building in Fairfax, the next week more phone calls wanting more money to defend my second amendment right my response was "ride your new building to the bank!!"

shooter93
12-22-2012, 06:59 PM
Thank you......EVERY SINGLE GUN OWNER in America should join immediately. We seriously need 80 million people to say no.....we will not tolerate any more controls of the People.

buck1
12-22-2012, 08:05 PM
Thank you......EVERY SINGLE GUN OWNER in America should join immediately. We seriously need 80 million people to say no.....we will not tolerate any more controls of the People.

That it! Join and join right now! Be heard or ran over!

geargnasher
12-22-2012, 08:24 PM
+1000 there, Gliden07, they drive me bat-chit too with the way they operate. The email barrage is the WORST, the SEVENTY+ letters in one year alone begging for money had to have cost them nearly the total of my dues in postage alone. I quit for three years and never could get rid of them, they don't let you choose to "not" receive email notices, and they are spam-proof because they come from a different ISP every time.

BUT, they have taken it upon themselves to fight for gun rights in the US the only way short of revolt that it can be done, and I support them in that. They need us, as many as we can get, and we need them, like it or not, to lobby Washington because God knows our worthless "representative" politicians certainly aren't going to do it for us. It's a rotten shame that we have to have a powerful group above and beyond our reps to continue to fight for what is already a constitutionally guaranteed right, but that's the way it is and I'm glad that the NRA is in there playing the filthy rotten game that is POLITICS. The more support they have from us, the more they'll win.

So the bottom line is give them your full support whether you like the way they have to defend us or not.

Gear

TJF1
12-22-2012, 08:33 PM
+1 the nra
terry

Dean D.
12-22-2012, 08:46 PM
I agree with you Gliden. The only reason this thread hasn't been moved to the Politics section where it actually belongs is I also think our new members who do not have access to that section yet need to see this also.

PLEASE PUT ANY FUTURE GUN CONTROL/POLITICAL/CURRENT EVENTS TYPE THREADS IN THE CORRECT SECTION.

Gliden07
12-22-2012, 09:01 PM
I agree with you Gliden. The only reason this thread hasn't been moved to the Politics section where it actually belongs is I also think our new members who do not have access to that section yet need to see this also.

PLEASE PUT ANY FUTURE GUN CONTROL/POLITICAL/CURRENT EVENTS TYPE THREADS IN THE CORRECT SECTION.

Sorry please feel free to move it if needed. I try to play by the rules!! LOL!!

Dean D.
12-22-2012, 09:13 PM
Thanks Gliden, we appreciate it.

Our Town's main purpose is to provide a place for threads like these:

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?175852-I-must-ask-for-some-powerful-prayers-please

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?175945-First-week-in-new-job

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?175831-Been-MIA-not-ignoring-your-pm-s

You'll notice these threads all have one thing in common; they directly involve a member here. We have lots of other sections on this forum for other types of topics. It would be nice if the topics that do belong here weren't drown out by the ones that don't belong here.

waksupi
12-22-2012, 09:32 PM
You know, if you contact them and tell them no mail, or phone calls, they pretty much disappear.

Trey45
12-22-2012, 09:37 PM
I get more mail from the NC Sheriffs Association than I do the NRA. I have asked the NCSA to stop begging me for money but they won't stop. I have asked the NRA to stop and they slowed down, but didn't stop.

btroj
12-22-2012, 10:32 PM
I get less and less from the NRA each year. I just ignore it like the other junk I get every day.

Best thing I ever did was the life membership. I eliminated any need to worry about membership.

dg31872
12-22-2012, 10:39 PM
There's a "Politics Section"????? I can't wait to see that!

nhrifle
12-22-2012, 10:44 PM
I reupped right after BO was gifted a second chance by the terminally uniformed among us.

runfiverun
12-23-2012, 12:53 AM
dg:
it's a little bit different than the rest of the forum.
it can/will raise your blood pressure to beyond what it needs to be.
there are some well informed people here.

41 mag fan
12-23-2012, 09:31 AM
Life member and have never looked back...buy buy buy from midway ect and penny up to theNRA roundup. Donate if you can to the NRA-ILA because if it's true what I heard yesterday, from my cousin who works in Washington, this time around we got idiot Biden running the show and he's drafting a law that'll ban anything that'll take a hi cap mag....not just the mag, but the gun that'll accept it. Cousin hob knobs with the insiders, and the super rich who live there, kinda gets the scoop from whats going on there.

I'm hoping my cousin is full of sh*t but I'm not holding my breath, esp with who we got in office

Moonman
12-23-2012, 11:06 AM
+1 for the NRA!

Give them your FULL SUPPORT, it's the only game in town.

Contact NRA about Junk Mail.

I receive very little Junk Mail from them, and I'm an Instructor,

NRA is on MEET THE PRESS this morning 12-23-12.

This should be interesting, 10:30 AM EST.

mold maker
12-23-2012, 11:34 AM
I reupped right after BO was gifted a second chance by the terminally uniformed among us.

I did the same thing. My membership ran out and I neglected to reup, but the brain dead convinced me to rejoin. The NRA isn't perfect, but it's pretty much all we have.

Highway41
12-23-2012, 11:50 AM
Re upped after about 15 years of not being involved. And am encouraging everyone who will listen to join, and have had some join up.

Going to give my nephew his Christmas present of a beginners reloading setup today on condition he joins.

Come on people its less than the cost of a box of decent factory ammo. Join today and give some gift memberships too.

mold maker
12-23-2012, 11:56 AM
+1 for the NRA!

Give them your FULL SUPPORT, it's the only game in town.

Contact NRA about Junk Mail.

I receive very little Junk Mail from them, and I'm an Instructor,

NRA is on MEET THE PRESS this morning 12-23-12.

This should be interesting, 10:30 AM EST.

Once more nothing meaningful. The same old solutions that didn't work 20 years ago.

jcwit
12-23-2012, 12:03 PM
Once more nothing meaningful. The same old solutions that didn't work 20 years ago.

So what is your proposal?

Larry Gibson
12-23-2012, 12:04 PM

So, other than just complaining about the NRA, what would YOU suggest for "solutions"?

Larry Gibson

Gliden07
12-23-2012, 12:23 PM

So, other than just complaining about the NRA, what would YOU suggest for "solutions"?

Larry Gibson

Mold Maker I hear ya!! Thats what started this thread! I'm not a big NRA fan but like most have said there the only Big Game in town!! I did'nt like the choices for President either but voted for Romney because what we ended up with is worse!! And everyone here needs to get together despite differences in Politics! This is about BANNING your right to own guns!!!!! If the Antis don't get a total ban on firearms and confiscation of all weapons do you really think it will stop?? Call me Paranoid but I've seen it happen in MA where I live they just keep coming!!

montana_charlie
12-23-2012, 12:23 PM
they drive me bat-chit too with the way they operate. The email barrage is the WORST, the SEVENTY+ letters in one year alone begging for money had to have cost them nearly the total of my dues in postage alone.
I get something in the mail about once every month, and NEVER get emails.
Very rarely, there will be a phone call.

CM

mjwcaster
12-23-2012, 12:38 PM
I used the Bass Pro Shops link.
https://membership.nrahq.org/forms/signup.asp?CampaignID=bassprowy
$25 membership and $25 BPS Gift card.
I'm passing it along to everyone I know.
Kind of makes it a no brainer, if there is something need to buy at BPS.

Also don't forget about your local organizations.
I just joined the Illinois State Rifle Association last night.
We'll need all the help we can get with our pending Concealed carry legislation.

Matt

ElDorado
12-23-2012, 02:37 PM
I just joined up again.

I’d let my membership lapse years ago for the same reason as Gliden07. I was losing too many 2nd amendment rights in my own state, at the same time the NRA was boasting about CCW victories in their state. Instead, I put my money into the California Rifle and Pistol Association (as a lifetime member) so that my money will fight to try and keep my dwindling rights, and not for additions to the rights of NRA’s employees.

But Gear has it right. They have stepped up to the plate when few others would. Because of them, there is now a better acceptance of firearms ownership as a right than thirty years ago. They’re far from perfect, but they’re the best we have. When I see the opposition try to paint them in a bad light, I know they’re doing some good.

If my membership does no other good, it has at least allowed me to cast another vote in favor of the constitution, and against those who smear it for their own political gain.

Post script – My wife walked into the room just as I was finishing this post. I told her what I did, and she insisted that I sign her up, too. That’s +2 for the constitution and freedom from the Eldorado household.

farmerjim
12-23-2012, 02:58 PM
I just joined too. I dropped years ago because they messed up my membership and never got it corrected.

Blacksmith
12-24-2012, 02:05 AM
I just gave memberships to my grandsons for Christmas.

If you use this link you get "Special Offer Code: Y3ARPPBD" which offers a choice of a free gift and a discounted rate for 1, 2, or 3 years:
https://membership.nrahq.org/forms/signup.asp?campaignid=bonusgiftwy&EK=Y3ARPPBD&pubID=148.30&hid=19910291

Here is the link to the regular membership site, and if you click "Junior, Distinguished and Other Memberships" they offer lessor discounts to over 65 or disabled veterans. Includes a life membership for $375:
https://membership.nrahq.org/forms/signup.asp

The number of members they can claim will help us all in the upcoming fight.

Castaholic
12-24-2012, 02:14 AM
Today Wayne LaPierre was on Meet the press. What a joke of a "journalist"!

Love Life
12-24-2012, 03:12 AM
Life member here.
Mom and dad are life members.
My brother just signed on.

pmer
12-24-2012, 09:28 AM
Glad people are joining the NRA. Life member here too, I don't think they push lifers as hard for extra donations.

Down South
12-24-2012, 10:01 PM
Another +1 for the NRA.

Down South
12-24-2012, 10:47 PM
I used the Bass Pro Shops link.
https://membership.nrahq.org/forms/signup.asp?CampaignID=bassprowy
$25 membership and $25 BPS Gift card.
I'm passing it along to everyone I know.
Kind of makes it a no brainer, if there is something need to buy at BPS.

Also don't forget about your local organizations.
I just joined the Illinois State Rifle Association last night.
We'll need all the help we can get with our pending Concealed carry legislation.

Matt

Thanks for the link. I shop at BP on occasion since one is close to me. I went ahead and re upped early to take advantage of the $25 gift card.

Rockchucker
12-25-2012, 12:07 AM
I get less and less from the NRA each year. I just ignore it like the other junk I get every day.

Best thing I ever did was the life membership. I eliminated any need to worry about membership.

Ditto

Light attack
12-25-2012, 09:36 AM
Life member since 1970. Been watching this battle long time. NRA is best source of the facts out there.