PDA

View Full Version : Liberty Shooting Supply Bullet

WBH
06-29-2007, 10:46 AM
Years ago an company called Liberty Shooting Supply cast a .459 405gr bullet with a huge meplat. Almost a wadcutter. They are out of business. Does anyone remember this bullet and the mould it came from. I have been getting sub-MOA at 100 yards with this in my 45-70 over 1 1/2 Swiss and would like to continue using this bullet. I am down to my last 30 and need to cast some soon.

Any ideas?

kodiak1
06-29-2007, 11:17 AM
WBH if it works that good for you maybe it is time to get someone to build you that mould. You have the bullets so I bet it wouldn't be that hard for them to duplicate. It would probably be a real good inestment. Just my thought on it Ken.

9.3X62AL
06-29-2007, 12:56 PM
Give these places a look-see--

www.neihandtools.com

This company may have a like or similar design available. There online catalog is a little arcane, but usable.

www.mountainmolds.com

Dan's site states that he has suspended production temporarily, but it has online design software that allows the user to design a boolit to suit.

Glen
06-29-2007, 01:04 PM
The folks at Liberty Shooting Supplies were located in Portland and I bought a lot of moulds from them over the years (no, I didn't get that one). They bought a lot of their moulds from Walt Neilander back when he was running NEI just outside of Portland. Based on your description, it sounds like your bullet is a PB version of NEI's #346. Contact NEI and I bet they can make you happy.

WBH
07-01-2007, 06:36 PM
It is alot like the #346 NEI, buth with out the gas-check. I'll call them and see if it was a mould of theirs. Thanks.