PDA

View Full Version : Lee powder scoop question?

TNsailorman
12-22-2012, 11:24 AM
I have a 3 die set of Lee dies which I traded for and it has the Lee collet die, full length die, seater die, and shell holder but it does not have the powder scoop with it(evidently has been removed). Could someone who has a Lee 30-30 3 die set or Lee Loader look and see what scoop Lee encluded with these sets? Lee's home site does not list the scoop numbers encluded with each set or at least I couldn't find them. Thanks, james

jmort
12-22-2012, 11:45 AM
I believe it should be marked otherwise, contact Lee Precision. This may not make sense, but what really matters is what is the weight of the charge it throws. I have two sets of Lee Precision dippers so I can modify to my exact load specification. Dippers are the safest way to reload, static volume and no moving parts.

jmort
12-22-2012, 11:48 AM
sorry, double post - my first and hopefully last

plmitch
12-22-2012, 11:53 AM
Just contact Lee. Sent me a couple of dippers for free a few weeks back.

gunoil
12-22-2012, 01:19 PM
get scale and scale calibrator and load manual. Then ya can double check your scoops. You can dial in your powders. And for range ya can lighten loads a lil'.

check out ebay and check midwayusa.com. Get midways app on your phone and just type what your lookin for and do not forget to scroll down and read all reviews on each piece ya want to purchase.

Go to closeout section on leeprecision.com " over on the left".

They done make a 46 so i bought the 45.

TNsailorman
12-22-2012, 01:26 PM
followed suggstions and got the answer, takes a 2.2 cc scoop for 30-30. Thanks for the help guys. james