PDA

View Full Version : What Do You Predict for 2013?

Four-Sixty
12-21-2012, 10:02 AM
What do you predict will happen in 2013?

I predict the US Government will move to eliminate paper currency and coins from commerce.

Think of the control they will gain…

First, you’ll hear more and more about how it costs 2 cents to make a penny and 10 cents to make a nickel. It costs too much to make money they’ll claim. They’ll completely ignore that currency and coins facilitate transactions that create wealth and consequently taxes.

Meanwhile, they’ll offer a solution to this problem.

We give everybody a “smart phone”. This will be your digital wallet. You can pay or accept money with your phone from anyone. If you can’t afford one, don’t worry. We’ll create another entitlement for that.

THEN, EACH AND EVERY FINANCIAL TRANSACTION WILL BE VISIBLE TO THE GOVERNMENT.

Want to buy some brass from someone on the swapping and selling section? “There’s an app for that!” … you just have to pay sales tax on the transaction now.

Your Son mows the neighbor’s yard. She pulls out her smart phone and sends your Son $15 for the effort. He only gets $10.50 though because of the standard %30 withholding for minors.

A crack user wants to get crack from her dealer. Cash is now worthless. She pulls out her smartphone and pays her dealer. Her dealer accepts the money and is now paying taxes on the sale of his drugs. The Government knows who he is, and what he’s up to. It’s OK though. He’s a legit entrepreneur now. He is paying his taxes to the Man. The Man does not prosecute drug offenses anymore. If someone wants to use drugs, or sell their body, it is OK.

Your local Sportsman goes to pick up some primers from the Sporting Goods store. The clerk swipes the UPC code on the box, our Sportsman OKs the payment on his phone, the Government logs in a database that he bought 1,000 CCI #500 primers at 4:58PM Eastern Time. The new gun laws say our Sportsman is limited to 2,000 primers annually. After he buys his next box of primers, future transactions will be denied because he has bought his “allowable limit” of primers for the year. His Wife is not allowed to buy primers for him, even as a gift, because she does not have a “Reloading for Hazardous Small Arms Permit”.

The Government could potentially gain insight into every darn thing we do. It could also solve a lot of this country’s revenue problems, and create even more entitlements, by taxing the HUGE underground economy in this country. I think the time is ripe for the Government to do this.

That’s my prediction for 2013.

What do you think will happen in 2013?

KCSO
12-21-2012, 10:41 AM
Sorry i am unable to answer as the world ended today at 6AM.

41 mag fan
12-21-2012, 10:54 AM
things will change as the world changes. Not all changes will be for thegood, and not all changes will fulifill or be best for everyone.
My prediction is my line of work will keep fading away. Coal is a thing that is going to be replaced, but it will still take time to replace.

If the monetary system changes, it'll be the change first that goes, everything will be rounded up to the nearest dollar.

The federal gov't will still not work together for the greater good of the people in whole, the rift between parties will continue to widen.

Gun control will be a hot topic for the next year, the media will start showing any and all gun violence to get the people on board with a wide gun control plan.

I will be no richer next year than i am this year. Democrats in office, my cost of living keeps going up and my wages stay the same.

There will be more upheavals to start up in other countries, Venezuela and Cuba will be the good places to start and it'll spread in this part of the hemisphere.

And i could go on and on, people will try living their lives to the best they can, the gov't will keep blaming everyone else for its problems, they'll keep going further into debt and the fiscal cliff, the real fiscal cliff will be looming even closer

41 mag fan
12-21-2012, 10:56 AM

Crud :groner:, I forgot all about that...I was sleeping till 6:30 in my foil underwear, and my foil lined comforter....dangit I missed it....

Jim
12-21-2012, 11:24 AM
I predict I'm going to have another cup of coffee and then prime some .223 brass. I'm pretty sure that prophesy will be fulfilled.

opos
12-21-2012, 11:26 AM
I know the economy is under a lot of pressure but I still have to have faith in the dollar..I have traveled a great deal and know that if I hand someone dollars in a foreign country they will give me change in their currency...they do not want to give up the dollars...the dollar is spendable in most countries but just try to go into a Safeway with a pocked full of Euros and buy a loaf of bread. My Dad used to say "if my money isn't worth anything why are there so many people trying to get their hands on it?"...Now, I have to prepare for the end of the world today....got to pack.

jcwit
12-21-2012, 11:31 AM

I predict the US Government will move to eliminate paper currency and coins from commerce.

First, you’ll hear more and more about how it costs 2 cents to make a penny and 10 cents to make a nickel. It costs too much to make money they’ll claim. They’ll completely ignore that currency and coins facilitate transactions that create wealth and consequently taxes.

We give everybody a “smart phone”. This will be your digital wallet. You can pay or accept money with your phone from anyone. If you can’t afford one, don’t worry. We’ll create another entitlement for that.

Want to buy some brass from someone on the swapping and selling section? “There’s an app for that!” … you just have to pay sales tax on the transaction now.

Your Son mows the neighbor’s yard. She pulls out her smart phone and sends your Son $15 for the effort. He only gets $10.50 though because of the standard %30 withholding for minors.

A crack user wants to get crack from her dealer. Cash is now worthless. She pulls out her smartphone and pays her dealer. Her dealer accepts the money and is now paying taxes on the sale of his drugs. The Government knows who he is, and what he’s up to. It’s OK though. He’s a legit entrepreneur now. He is paying his taxes to the Man. The Man does not prosecute drug offenses anymore. If someone wants to use drugs, or sell their body, it is OK.

Your local Sportsman goes to pick up some primers from the Sporting Goods store. The clerk swipes the UPC code on the box, our Sportsman OKs the payment on his phone, the Government logs in a database that he bought 1,000 CCI #500 primers at 4:58PM Eastern Time. The new gun laws say our Sportsman is limited to 2,000 primers annually. After he buys his next box of primers, future transactions will be denied because he has bought his “allowable limit” of primers for the year. His Wife is not allowed to buy primers for him, even as a gift, because she does not have a “Reloading for Hazardous Small Arms Permit”.

The Government could potentially gain insight into every darn thing we do. It could also solve a lot of this country’s revenue problems, and create even more entitlements, by taxing the HUGE underground economy in this country. I think the time is ripe for the Government to do this.

So whats your prediction with regards to the Amish and this? The above sure won't work!

nhrifle
12-21-2012, 11:38 AM
The economy is in shambles, people are more divided and militant than I can ever recall, our money is about worthless and becoming more so every day as more is printed, psychos are snapping at an increasing rate, and the govt continues to strip the rights of citizens as it encourages people to dumb down and not produce anything. The end result? Check out Kevin Costner's movie The Postman.

Love Life
12-21-2012, 11:39 AM
I predict 2013 will eventually turn into 2014.

Houndog
12-21-2012, 11:44 AM
odumbo and his democrap minions get their wish and we go over the cliff, moving us from our current recession into a full blown depression. Bohnner losses his speakership and is replaced by Paul Ryan. odumbo gets NO more money to squander and the debt ceiling is frozen at it's current level. 45% of all gooberment jobs are canceled. SS and medicare get cut by 40% Medicaid, odumbo care, EPA, PBS and the Dept of education are defunded in a budget offering. odumbo and the democraps veto the measure. Our economy collapses. The WTO removes the US dollar as the world's reserve currency. With the Dollar collapse we see 5-600% worldwide inflation by July.

wildwilly
12-21-2012, 11:46 AM
2013 is going to be dismal.

darkroommike
12-21-2012, 12:00 PM
Several countries have already eliminated smaller coinage, Australia and Sweden come to mind, but there are LOTS of countries that have done so. When the Swedes eliminated their one and two penny piece (öre) their government developed a rounding up and down scheme now known as "Swedish rounding" (not very original but what can you do?).

The cost of base metals used for low denomination coins keeps going up (priced new brass cartridges lately?). The US keeps resisting eliminating one cent and five cent coins mainly I suspect because Lincoln is on our one cent coin. Illinois by itself could probably block any move for a long time to come. Factor in Kentucky--Lincoln birthplace--and there you go.

Many of our coins now cost more to produce than the face value of the coin. My son, when younger, was blown away when Dad used pennies for spacers and washers until I pointed out that washers are a nickle and pennies cost a penny. (It is not illegal in this country to deface or alter coins unless your intent is fraudulent.)

I think we should eliminate one and five cent pieces, phase out the dollar and the two dollar bills and introduce a coin like the Canadian two dollar coin (aka the Toonie). Vending machines hate paper money so that would be a plus. Maybe issue a five dollar Lincoln coin as well, issue a commemorative set of fives with famous events of American history on the reverse.

Bullshop
12-21-2012, 12:20 PM

Well that would certanly be a way to prevent true followers of Jesus from buying and selling just as scripture predicts.

missionary5155
12-21-2012, 12:39 PM

Good morning OOPS I guess I missed that false profecy also.
Mike in ILL

472x1B/A
12-21-2012, 01:35 PM
Hasn't anyone seen the fine print at the bottom of that time clock rock, (of the myans ) SEE OTHER SIDE ? Sheeee's there's another 5 or 600 years worth of time there.

I remember my dad ranting about the goverment should have stopped making pennies and nickels right after WW 2. He said it was a waste of resources and befor long people wouldn't want to bother with them. When I go to the gas station for gas I see coins ( .01 & .05 ) on the ground everywhere. Starting to seem as though he may have seen a beam of light from some distant star that others haven't.

Course, when he started working for John Deer Plow-Planter works (Planter shop) there starting pay was $1.65 an hour in 1957. I saw one of his pay stubs.

And when I went into the USAF in 1970 I was only getting $79.00 a pay day. ( 15th and last day of the month)

So I predict almost the same as Four-Sixty.

41 mag fan
12-21-2012, 07:26 PM
I predict 2013 will eventually turn into 2014.

You have got to be the genius of all of us....!!!:kidding:
It was a good answer seriously though

starmac
12-21-2012, 08:44 PM
I predict time will show us love life is right.

I think four sixty is also right, just has the wrong year, but then again who knows.

historicfirearms
12-21-2012, 08:46 PM
Lots of doomsday predictions. I'm just going to focus on my family this year and make it more self reliant. We are getting some pigs and chickens and planting a big garden. I'm also selling firewood for cash. Thank God we live out in the country. For some reason that old Hank Jr song keeps going through my mind... Got a shotgun, a rifle, and a four wheel drive, and a country boy can survive.

One thing I can predict with certainty: I will not hand over any of my guns that have been "banned" by an over reaching gooberment.

wv109323
12-21-2012, 09:16 PM
I don't think the coverage of cell phone signal is great enough to switch over next year. Usage of plastic cards will come first. Like food stamps are now.
I stand appalled at the rate at which America is declining and the amount of people that are helping it along.
I have always wondered how Hitler won over the German people so quickly and lead them so long without massive defection. I now have a better understanding seeing how the American people are reacting to the politics of the day and are so blind.

leftiye
12-21-2012, 10:23 PM
The German people didn't all follow Hitler, most of them were herded (terrorized).

MT Gianni
12-22-2012, 01:51 AM
If currency was eliminated barter would become rampant. The Govmnt hates barter as it evades tax laws. Currency will be around as long as it is more convinient to use than e-money. With bank fees and bankers driving the currenet adminsrtns policies that will not happen.

MT Chambers
12-22-2012, 02:15 AM
i predict that more and more things will be imported from China, less will be made here, and we will buy the Chinese stuff, so i don't see any improvements, we'll only get in deeper.

xrae21
12-22-2012, 02:26 AM
Sweet I can pay my crack dealer aka "Powder Valley" from my smart phone. :mrgreen:

runfiverun
12-22-2012, 03:38 AM
you can allready pay your car insurance,light bill,whatever from your phone.
they can track your cell phone and your whereabouts by causality because of that.
all that needs to be done is to have the appropriate laws passed errr presidential decrees made.
and then to tie it all together the appropriate computer program needs to be written or modified i'm sure that many banks have this capapbility now.
you can insert a check into your account by taking a picture of it and sending the pic to the appropriate app and the funds are electronically transferred.
and on and on and on.

truly all that's left is to get all those self sufficient [bible clinging gun totin] fools [us here] to fall into line and the plan will work out just fine.

i'll predict more inroads will be made against our freedoms and rights with more government intrusion into each and every one of our lives for the next four years.
whether by hook or by crook or behind closed doors it will happen....

boltons75
12-22-2012, 06:16 AM
Gun shops having extremely good sales.... until the sale of guns and ammo is banned

WILCO
12-22-2012, 07:58 AM
I predict an economic correction, higher taxes, massive gun grabs (literally) and more tyrannical activities from Federal, State and local governments.

1Shirt
12-22-2012, 10:10 AM
I predict nothing! What is going to happen will happen! It's Kismet!
1Shirt!

km101
12-22-2012, 08:22 PM
What Do You Predict For 2013?

I predict it will get here shortly after Dec 31, 2012. It will feel pretty much like 2012, and we will have the same problems and worries that we have now. And I predict that Wilco is optomistic in his assessment of 2013. So I am not going to anticipate and worry about things in advance.

garym1a2
12-22-2012, 09:09 PM
I predict on Jan2, 2013 at 8am I will be back to work and my paycheck on Jan4 will have more taxes taken out than my last paycheck!

WILCO
12-23-2012, 01:44 AM
And I predict that Wilco is optomistic in his assessment of 2013. So I am not going to anticipate and worry about things in advance.

Yes! That was my light and cheery version. I agree about not worrying, but you need to anticipate the reality of what's in store for us as individuals and American citiziens in the near future. The next month or two is going to be a real ZINGER!!

10x
12-23-2012, 11:23 AM
I predict that the government ( in fact most governments) will strive to do exactly what the people ask for and give the opposite of what people want.
In other words, governments will continue to do stupid things for stupid reasons...

km101
12-24-2012, 01:21 PM
Yes, I mis-spoke whin I said not to anticipate. We need to anticipate and prepare as much as possible. I learned it as a Boy Scout....be prepared! That's why I bought 20K primers and LOTS of powder several months ago. Hope for the best, but prepare for the worst.

MtGun44
12-24-2012, 06:03 PM
Sunny during the days, mostly dark at night. Demonrats selling the country
down the river and Repubs ineffectively trying to stop it, sorta, but not too
seriouslly.

Schools failing to educate, colleges propagandizing for the communists,
country sinking deeper and deeper into unrecoverrable debt.

Bill

Down South
12-24-2012, 10:51 PM
I predict that next year will be worse than this one.

Nick C.
01-08-2013, 02:37 AM
A good book for you guys to check out is One Nation Under Attack by Grant Jeffries. A lot of good information in there, he lays out what the goverments been up to, and what he believes is coming. And what you can do to ofset some of this. I'll give one example When the goverment passed the stimulas package back in 2009, their was a little known clause added that gave the goverment permission to go into your 401k or whatever financial vehicle that you have and take a percentage off the top I believe it to be 4% for their own use as they see fit. Of course this all done to help keep us safe. Anyway my next trip to bank I talked to my banker ( who I've known for ten years ) and she verified what I had read.Guys I don't know exactly where this countries headed I just know I don't like the direction its going. I can't urge you stong enough to get this book and read it. I can't do justice to it in this post. forewarned is forearmed GODBLESS.

Alstep
01-08-2013, 03:38 AM
Two things happen when congress passes a law, they take away my money and they take away my rights.
And that goes for state and local governments as well.

colt 357
01-08-2013, 08:29 PM
I predict the mayan calendar well say the world well come to a end on Dec 22 2012. opps that one has already been done. But I bet that they well come up with a new date about 2 years out long enuff to sell their books, tapes and get paid for speeches. Thats the way it has happened since about 84 when I first started watch that ****