PDA

View Full Version : Need help on a S&W .32 double action 4th model

lead-1
12-21-2012, 07:48 AM
Is there anyone familiar enough with this handgun to tell me what is missing from this picture?
I know that the hammer, stirrup, stirrup pin are missing and the mainspring is broken.
I have found too many pictures on the net that show vague parts views for this gun and am curious as to what it might need to make it function again.
Does anyone have any links to parts sellers besides Parts Corp./Numerich Arms that might have anything on this. A friend of mine would like to have it fixed if possible, it was his grandpa's gun.

NoZombies
12-26-2012, 07:45 PM
Probably the best bet on getting that one up and running again will be finding a donor gun to get the parts from.

They can normally be had fairly inexpensively, I've seen a lot of them in working order for less than $100. I would bet the parts might cost as much from a specialty parts dealer.

Good luck!

lead-1
12-27-2012, 08:44 AM
Thanks for the input and I had wanted to go to a couple gun shows around here to look for parts or parts gun but with the current crowds I have no desire.
I was hopeing that someone that has been into one of these would see it and be able to tell me what all parts are missing. I did find one really rough looking, in picture anyway, revolver and they wanted $300 and that was just too much for that particular one.