PDA

View Full Version : Lee Enfield in a one piece stock

nekshot
12-20-2012, 06:28 PM
I always wondered what a lee enfield would be like in a one piece stock and a recent post on a sporterized enfield stirred the interest again. I recently walked in a pawn shop and there was a lonely santa fe 303 looking for a home. So I bought it and tore it apart. I machined the receiver as far as I could and still keep the integrity for the trigger guard. Cut the barrel at military step and reinstalled front sight. I still have some lite wt cherry wood that is not wide enough for a proper comb fit but this is a bubba job so who cares! I fit a piece of metal into what was left of the receiver to help disperse the recoil and hopefully keep the stock from splitting. I kept the wrist of the stock heavy to help with recoil. These actions don't have much in the line of a recoil lug. I counter sunk and drilled a hole up thru the trigger guard into the stock for the rear attachment. I reblued every thing ,polished the bolt and just finished glass bedding the action. I am still not sure if I will cut the mag down to have a flush look.(some day larger capacity might be nice) I still need to mount the scope mounts and then the fun of developing loads for it. It is very lite and really shoulders quick. It is everything and slick like I thought a one piece stock on one of these would be and as it was cheap it floats my boat. Some day if my coordination improves and I can checker again this stock will get checkered.

JeffinNZ
12-21-2012, 01:24 AM
Nicely done. I have seen only two others in one piece stocks.

Stephen Cohen
12-21-2012, 02:54 AM
Nice job, I started doing one a couple years ago, I cut mine and fitted a tang and extended the trigger guard at rear, and have a bolt through it like any other rifle into the tang. Ive made a synthetic stock so I have something to copy in timber when I make my copier,Projects projects.

bruce drake
12-21-2012, 01:40 PM
Great workup and good photos!