PDA

View Full Version : Big haul at wallyworld

Hawkeye45
12-20-2012, 03:51 PM
If this is a duplicate the mod can delete one if them, seem like I hit the wrong key last time so here go's.

I went to wallyworld today to get something (now I forgot to get it). They were moving all of their reloading components to the close out area and they never got to the shelf! I got a full cart load of bullets (no boolits tho). All of the boolits were 5.00 a box and the powder was 7.00 a can. I now have trading stock.

You would have thought I had an M-16 in my hand looking for a place to shoot from the looks I got from people. I have not seen such dirty looks since I got back from Nam.

oldred
12-20-2012, 04:40 PM
I did that a few years ago except our WalMart only has muzzleloader supplies. I got there just as they were stocking the shelves and I told the guy to just dump them in my cart, I bought everything they had in 50 and 54 caliber mostly TC Maxi balls but I got almost 400 50 and 54 caliber round balls too. Altogether I bought almost $300 worth at pennies to the dollar even a bunch of stuff I didn't even use but it sure made good trading stock. Does that make me Greedy? Maybe so but good deals don't come along often and that was just one of the rare times for me that I was in the right place at the right time!

starmac
12-20-2012, 04:45 PM
As far as I know, I have never been a wallmart that sold reloading supplies.

41 mag fan
12-20-2012, 04:46 PM
You're going to see this trend till this shooting becomes a memory and things settle down. then when things settle down they'll realize how much money they're losing and they'll start selling again....i hope

DHurtig
12-20-2012, 04:51 PM
Lucky you. I've never seen reloading componants at a Wal Mart store. Dale

7Acres
12-20-2012, 04:52 PM
Awesome, Hawkeye45! I am disappointed to see that many now feel the politically correct and patriotic thing to do is to show solidarity against anything to do with guns.

Charlie Two Tracks
12-20-2012, 05:10 PM
Very good. You got those eye sores away from the public eye. Never saw any reloading supplies in Wally World either.

oldred
12-20-2012, 06:05 PM
Apparently it's up to the local management as to what they carry, a couple of years ago I even saw a used rifle (a mini 14) at a WalMart here in Tn.

MtGun44
12-20-2012, 06:44 PM
Gee whiz, what in the world are you doing oldred???

Bill

Love Life
12-20-2012, 06:48 PM
I have noticed quite a few multi posts lately.

Highway41
12-20-2012, 07:00 PM
I
I went to wallyworld today to get something (now I forgot to get it). They were moving all of their reloading components to the close out area and they never got to the shelf! I got a full cart load of bullets (no boolits tho). All of the boolits were 5.00 a box and the powder was 7.00 a can. I now have trading stock.

Wow! Some people have all the luck.

runfiverun
12-20-2012, 07:15 PM
yeah i have seen three or four multiple posts today.
i have seen reloading supplies at one walmart,and i have been in a lot of them.
i have built 4-5 of them in my time too.

oldred
12-20-2012, 07:37 PM
Gee whiz, what in the world are you doing oldred???

Bill

I wish I knew!! When I tried to post it just sat there and would not do any thing and when I tried to go back to the forum I got a message asking if I wanted to leave the page, I just closed the darn thing and went back to the forum to see if it had posted, it hadn't but since it wasn't anything important I just let it go and didn't try to post again. It was not a problem on this end because I had no trouble posting anywhere else during or after that time but the REALLY odd thing is that even after closing my browser and coming back almost half an hour later there was still no post! Then BANG over a half hour after attempting to post there it was, suddenly appeared several times, something screwy going on that's for sure!

starmac
12-20-2012, 07:58 PM
I wish I knew!! When I tried to post it just sat there and would not do any thing and when I tried to go back to the forum I got a message asking if I wanted to leave the page, I just closed the darn thing and went back to the forum to see if it had posted, it hadn't but since it wasn't anything important I just let and go and didn't try to post again. It was not a problem on this end because I had no trouble posting anywhere else during or after that time but the REALLY odd thing is that even after closing my browser and coming back almost half an hour later there was still no post! Then BANG over a half hour after attempting to post there it was, suddenly appeared several times, something screwy going on that's for sure!

Mine has been doing the same thing today.

Pb Burner
12-20-2012, 08:24 PM
The local wallyworld in my town has had a small reloading section for years. I haven't been there for a month. I usually try to avoid the place, but after the Christmas rush I'll have to see if they still have reloading stuff....or guns.

Hardcast416taylor
12-20-2012, 08:34 PM
Haven`t been in our local Wally World Rice bowl in 3 or 4 years. The last time I was in the sporting dept. they didn`t have reloading supplies and darn little ammo of any kind.Robert

Jim Flinchbaugh
12-20-2012, 08:38 PM

It's the Mayan mothership screwing with the electronic world http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/James64/Smilies/unhappy-089.gif

I've never seen reloading stuff at Chinamart either

41 mag fan
12-20-2012, 08:44 PM
Walmart in towns got the normal still. not much in ammo though, but that i'm not surprised of.

I wish I knew!! When I tried to post it just sat there and would not do any thing and when I tried to go back to the forum I got a message asking if I wanted to leave the page, I just closed the darn thing and went back to the forum to see if it had posted, it hadn't but since it wasn't anything important I just let and go and didn't try to post again. It was not a problem on this end because I had no trouble posting anywhere else during or after that time but the REALLY odd thing is that even after closing my browser and coming back almost half an hour later there was still no post! Then BANG over a half hour after attempting to post there it was, suddenly appeared several times, something screwy going on that's for sure!

Mines been doing it for awhile now, I thought it was just my laptop....looks like maybe not

LEADHOPPER
12-20-2012, 08:48 PM
starmac,

Doesn't the Fred Meyer's in Fairbanks sell reloading supplies? Well at least they did when I was up in that neck of the woods.

gandydancer
12-20-2012, 09:27 PM

old wally world here in Virginia has a large amount of reloading items on the shelf's always to high for me. I bet its been dumped by now' I will have to check Friday the 21st------ if I'm still here. GD

HighHook
12-20-2012, 09:42 PM
At wallys today with a buddy showing him where to buy 22lr. No reloading stuff at ours. Also they were all out of 223 and 9mm. Weren't those that..... I will leave that alone

km101
12-20-2012, 09:57 PM

Ne neither! Heck the Walmarts here in Texas (especially in the DFW area) dont seem to have much ammo even, much less reloading supplies! If I found a WallyWorld with reloading supplies, I would think I had entered the Twilight Zone! LOL

And if I found powder @ $5.00 a can I would be taking out a loan! Congratulations on your haul. Glad someone found something good at Walmart!

Jal5
12-21-2012, 12:14 AM
ours still had rifles and some reloading supplies two days ago. Their ammo stock was looking normal too.

quilbilly
12-21-2012, 12:53 AM
Looks like i will drop by the Walmart in Port Angeles tomorrow. They are (were) well stocked with reloading supplies.

Rik
12-21-2012, 01:50 AM
no reloading supplies in my local wally. would be nice though.

waynem34
12-21-2012, 07:31 PM
No reloading supplies sold at ours.Rifles,ammo,and muzzle loading supplies.