PDA

View Full Version : Pb 314299?

H.Callahan
12-20-2012, 03:35 PM
I have an Enfield that has not been shot since the '70s. I am looking to bring it out of retirement and play around with it for a while. I recently (yesterday, actually) got the dies for 303 and am working on scrounging up some brass. I would like to feed her some boolits (I think most of her life she has had factory/military rounds) and I am looking for a suitable mold. The 314299 looks like a good mold to try, but I don't want to deal with gas checks. I also have had mixed luck with shooting shanked boolits without the GC. I want a boolit for low-end to middling loads (ie stronger than "cat sneeze", but less than rail gun velocities).

I was wondering if anyone makes a 314299 style mold with a plain base? Alternatively, is there another mold that might be recommended?

runfiverun
12-20-2012, 09:25 PM
noe [found in the vendor section here] i believe does the 314299 if they do i am pretty sure they offer a plain base version.
they might have a mold in their inventory it however may be half g/c and half plain base.
i'd look them over first though.

HARRYMPOPE
12-20-2012, 11:59 PM
Hollowpointmoldservice can open the GC shank of the Lee 185g 303 bullet to .315 and also the next band up.A bullet like this shot well in my 1910 Ross