PDA

View Full Version : Out of surgery...finally

41 mag fan
12-19-2012, 02:41 PM
Just had my left knee surgery a few hours ago. i think i made it thru the anesthesia...unless I passed into another life.
Right now able to walk on my left knee, till the pain killers wear off, without crutches.
So here I'll sit for awhile and think and ponder about the worlds problems...solve them then create more. Inbetween I'll dream of the Victoria Secret model waiting on me hand and foot!!

I did get to use a walker to go out to the truck for the ride home today....talk about feeling old!!

Dean D.
12-19-2012, 02:49 PM
I hope you have a quick and complete recovery! Don't push it!

BTW, I'd like to point out that this is exactly the kind of thread that the "Our Town" section of the forum was created for. :smile:

dragonrider
12-19-2012, 03:00 PM
Was it replacement or clean up surgery??? Btw I've had that dream........... NIIIICCCCEEE
hope you heal well and fast.

41 mag fan
12-19-2012, 03:12 PM
I hope you have a quick and complete recovery! Don't push it!

BTW, I'd like to point out that this is exactly the kind of thread that the "Our Town" section of the forum was created for. :smile:

Thank Ya Dean....I'm like in lala land right now till the pain meds wear off...not gonna have much to do for quite awhile. Unlike my right knee last year, I'm taking the full 3 months off for this one.

Was it replacement or clean up surgery??? Btw I've had that dream........... NIIIICCCCEEE
hope you heal well and fast.

Thanks dragonrider....this time was a clean up...had surgery 8:30am this morning, back home about 11:45 am and on here by noon!!
Had the right knee worked on last year, and it looks like after my left heals up, I'll be goiong back in for right replacement. Went to bone on bone in less than a year.
That dream is scary, kept me up for quite awhile!!

timbuck
12-21-2012, 12:17 PM
A lot of that going around here lately. Prayers for a speedy recovery.

Gibson
12-21-2012, 01:11 PM
Prayers being sent for a quick recovery

Echo
12-21-2012, 01:49 PM
I had my left knee cleanup about 3 years ago - and a new left knee Aug 13 this year. Still rehabbing, but working at the gym, and it truly is pretty much of a breeze. I was in hospital 3 days, and in rehab 2 weeks, and home, and driving manual shift Toyota truck! Still lets me know that it is recovering, but it will be fine, and so will yours, when it happens.

rockrat
12-21-2012, 02:06 PM
Had mine cleaned about 2.5 years ago. Don't let the painkillers wear off!!. After about 2 or three days, didn't need them anymore. Knee works OK now, just cannot kneel down and get up very well.

41 mag fan
12-21-2012, 07:14 PM
Well I had surgery, last Nov, as most know or remember on here last year on my right knee. Not even a year later, this past Oct to be exact, i found out I need a replacement. From day one on my right knee, it was not right. Constant pain and problems.....
This past Wed, I had my left knee cleaned up. Surgery was at 8:30 am. Was back home by 11:45am. At 4 pm i got up from my nap, and took off walking around the house, no crutches.....
Went to Walmart yesterday, thursday, shopping.....no crutches. Had them in the cart...didn't use them.
Went to lunch and local gunshop today with my daughter today...no crutches.

I'm beginning to wonder if the ortho Dr just made 3 incisions in my knee and sewed me up....
last year my right knee hurt, my left knee in Nov REALLY hurt.
My right knee surgery has been nothing but a pain since i got it cleaned up
My left knee is like I never had surgery....
I'm still scratching my head on this one!!

Oh and 1 more thing..i haven't needed any pain pills on this knee