PDA

View Full Version : RCBS shell holders in a Lee single

legend 550
12-19-2012, 12:26 AM
Anybody know for sure if RCBS shell holder will fit a Lee single stage press? I want to buy a RCBS primer pocket swager die and need to know if it'll fit my Lee.

Del-Ray
12-19-2012, 12:36 AM
Yes. They work in mine.

Make sure you get the "improved" version of the RCBS swage dies.

And if your going to be doing a LOT of primer pocket swaging I recommend skipping right to the DILLON super swager. It's much easier, and works much nicer.

nhrifle
12-19-2012, 12:47 AM
Like Del-Ray said, yep they will work just fine. And I second him with the Dillon pocket swager. I got one and won't live without it. I tried the RCBS unit and I bent the rod that supports the case from inside. I may have done something wrong but I don't remember using that much force.

legend 550
12-19-2012, 12:55 AM
Thanks. That's what I needed to know. I don't have a lot 200 .223s and a few 9mm. I'll take a look at the Dillon also.

zuke
12-19-2012, 01:12 PM
I have that rcbs set and tried it on a couple case's and it drove me nut's.
I chuck -up a counter sink in my drill press and get them done a lot quicker that way.

Mike Kerr
12-20-2012, 07:01 PM
By now you know the RCBS shell holder will work in the Lee Press. I am wondering if you had any trouble with your Lee/RCBS swaging or were you able to get by becasue of the small number of cases?

regards,

:-):-)

41 mag fan
12-21-2012, 11:08 AM
Buy the Dillon Super Swage. It'll set you back $100 off their website, but it's the best thing out there. Lots of leverage, and to date i've probably done 20k on mine with no problems, just the occasional oiling to keep it running smoothly.

One thing to remember, it might cost $100 but Dillon products hold their value.

Hardcast416taylor
12-21-2012, 05:11 PM
As I recall when I had the original RCBS tool I had to visually seperate all the Mil. cases by arsenal stamp. Differences in internal depth to the web head varied from one arsenal to another. Once you had the cases seperated you could then set the rod to the correct depth, but you needed to re-set the depth rod for the next batch of brass from another arsenal. Yes, I bent the rods on mine also till I discovered what was going on. Don`t know about their "improved" model being any different.Robert

DLCTEX
12-21-2012, 07:54 PM
I bent the rod on mine also, but just hammered it straight on an anvil and put it back to work. May need to read the instructions, if I could find them.