PDA

View Full Version : Never in my life

rodsvet
12-18-2012, 08:19 PM
I have been casting and reloading over 40 years and always paid top dollar for all my equipment. People post on here and say what great deals just fall into their lap. I always go "yeah, right!!". Well today I was servicing an account and the property owner asked me if I could identify some reloading stuff he had. I took a look and here is what he had: one RL550B, three toolheads with Dillon dies in .357, 9mm, and .45acp, one Dillon powder measure, A Dillon electronic scale, Two additional carbide dies set in 45 and 357, one RCBS Unifow measure, one RCBS case trimmer, one RCBS Jr. press, one Thumblers ultra vibe 18 and one Berry's tumblers, 2 lbs. Power Pistol, one lb. Unique, one lb. Bullseye, and a bunch of misc. parts, dies, lock rings, and several reloading manuals. I explained what he had and he said, "would you like them?". I said "HELL YES!". He said to just take them and enjoy!! No charge!! Merry Christmas to me!! (and to all of you) Rod

skullmount
12-18-2012, 08:26 PM
WOW Talk about CHRISTmas !!

gandydancer
12-18-2012, 08:43 PM
that's where I left my reloading stuff. where did you find it again? I paint all my things blue. was that the color? Gandy :veryconfu :kidding:

rodsvet
12-18-2012, 09:13 PM
Nice try! I'll have to paint this stuff black. I just never thought It would happen to me. Now if some one wants to give away a new Ballisti-cast Mark X I'll come pick it up no matter where you live!! Merry Christmas every one!! Rod

waco
12-18-2012, 09:35 PM
That's a sweet deal! I've come across great deals in the past, but never anything like that!!!
Enjoy!!!

41 mag fan
12-18-2012, 09:39 PM
I have been casting and reloading over 40 years and always paid top dollar for all my equipment. People post on here and say what great deals just fall into their lap. I always go "yeah, right!!". Rod

Ya Right....sure you did!! :kidding:;-):bigsmyl2:

Some people have all the luck..I'm still waiting on my good luck to come thru

Wolfer
12-18-2012, 09:46 PM
I have lots of luck, it's just the other kind.
Congrats

John Allen
12-18-2012, 09:50 PM
How about I give you 4 times what you paid for it and I will even cover shipping!

cbrick
12-18-2012, 10:46 PM
Hhmmm . . . Sounds like the property owner wasn't home and it was the dead of night when you found it. :mrgreen:

Ok, just kidding but that's the only way I could get a deal like that and with my luck when they caught me they would make an example of me and give me 20 years in the electric chair.

You'll remember this Christmas for a very long time.

Rick

rodsvet
12-18-2012, 11:07 PM
Gee, I wonder if the Mayan"s are right? When you get a stroke of good luck, bad might be just around the corner. You know like the world ending on Friday before I get a chance to use this stuff. You know, I wouldn't sell this stuff for 10 times what I paid for it. Rod

9-toes
12-19-2012, 12:09 AM
Yup - jealous

MtGun44
12-19-2012, 12:49 AM
THAT is one HECK of a Christmas present. You must have been a good boy this year!

Bill

runfiverun
12-19-2012, 03:03 AM
didn't even bother to ask bout the lead did ya?

rodsvet
12-19-2012, 04:45 AM
He didn't have any lead. The guy wasn't into boolits. Lead is getting pretty hard to find in Kalifornia. I know a guy who has thousands of lbs. of linotype but he is hoarding it. He doesn't cast, he's a retired printer. Last time I spoke with him he wanted $1.25 an lb. , but now he won't return my calls. I think he is waiting for $5 per lb.. Rod

randyrat
12-19-2012, 05:58 AM
Did you pinch yourself to make sure it's not a dream. WOW what a nice deal

captaint
12-19-2012, 09:52 AM
rodsvet - Merry Christmas, my friend. I'm sure you deserve the gift. Congrats. Now - you can't say "never in my life" again. enjoy Mike

root
12-19-2012, 09:56 AM
Very nice score there. And the best part is it seems to have went to someone that will use it and take care of it.

I went to buy another dillion about 3 months ago ( have one already) just so I had large and small primer/powder setups.

OUCH!!!!
Didn't realize how much they went up in price in 20 years...

Take care of that stuff and it will take care of you..

Have a merry christmas and tell your new press I said hello!

ROGER4314
12-19-2012, 10:07 AM
For whatever the reason, you were supposed to receive and use that reloading gear. I firmly believe in Karma/payback. Set the equipment up, teach kids how to reload or help other shooters learn the craft. That keeps things in balance in our world. I know that you'll use the gift wisely.

Flash

motion
12-19-2012, 10:09 AM
Congrats

LenH
12-19-2012, 10:49 AM
Sounds like the right place and the right time.

I picked up a 550B & all the extras back in 04 from a guy whose wife wanted the stuff out of the house. He didn't reload
any more. I shelled out $350 for the whole kit & kaboodle. When I cleaned out the two boxes of stuff it turned out to be
almost every acessory that Dillon makes for the 550B. It was closed to $2k worth of stuff.

Shuz
12-19-2012, 11:10 AM
Congratulations on being a "good boy"!

Reminds me of the time many years ago when a friend calls and says,"I'm moving up to Alaska and I don't wanna take all my wheel weight ingots, would you like them? I said, yes! I offered to pay for them and he wouldn't take anything for them. I ended up with about 10 coffee cans full of ingots! Of course this was "back in the day" when we could get wheel weights from the tire shops just for the asking. Still, it sure saved me a lot of smelting for a few months!

HighHook
12-19-2012, 11:24 AM
Lucky Dog!

zuke
12-19-2012, 01:01 PM
It doesn't get any better then that now does it?

Sax.45
12-19-2012, 01:14 PM
If I was you and had that kind of luck, I would be buying lottery tickets, :-):-);)

JonB_in_Glencoe
12-19-2012, 01:40 PM
These kinds of deals are usually from a recently divorced lady :p
I got a 'top-o-the-line' Grumman Canoe while visiting at a garage sale that way once.
Jon

swheeler
12-19-2012, 02:47 PM
Let me guess, the guy was chubby, white hair and beard and very jolly! Merry Christmas

dragonrider
12-19-2012, 03:03 PM
Awesome deal rodsvet.

jimb16
12-19-2012, 03:43 PM
Keep in mind that the no BS guarantee on the Dillon is still good. I found out for myself that the guarantee goes with the machine, not the owner. I bought one from a widow that had been extensively damaged and sent it in to Dillon with an explaination. I fully expected to pay for the repairs since I was not the original purchaser. It came back with a note. There was no charge for the repairs because the guarantee goes with the machine and has nothing to do with the original purchaser!