PDA

View Full Version : Un subscribe to a subject

Bad Water Bill
12-15-2012, 01:05 AM
When I want to un subscribe I get this

Invalid Redirect URL (http://us.mc388.mail.yahoo.com/mc/welcome?action=&YY=263749239&.rand=fpech6lvpiicj&noFlush)

What am I doing wrong?[smilie=b:[smilie=b:

Gunload Master
12-15-2012, 03:11 AM
I believe its an issue with yahoo. There have been a couple issues with it from yahoo accounts. You can always go to your usercp and edit your subscribed threads there.

darkroommike
12-15-2012, 08:46 PM
When I want to un subscribe I get this

Invalid Redirect URL (http://us.mc388.mail.yahoo.com/mc/welcome?action=&YY=263749239&.rand=fpech6lvpiicj&noFlush)

What am I doing wrong?[smilie=b:[smilie=b:

Doing nothing wrong, I get the same message when unsubscribing, I also use Yahoo mail. Still get's the job done.

Bad Water Bill
12-15-2012, 11:29 PM
The next question is will yahoo fix it or should I change to a gmail addy?

darkroommike
12-16-2012, 12:23 PM
Why change anything? The unsubscribe works. The email works. The error message simply is telling you (in computer speak) that you can no longer access the thread (that you just unsubscribed) from Yahoo mail. In other words "mission accomplished".

If you send a message to Yahoo support they will thank you (I know, over the years I've sent them a number of "bug report" messages). Nothing will change for the better.

Tazman1602
12-16-2012, 12:33 PM
Doesn't work from Yahoo mail. I get the same message when I try to unsubscribe.................BUT, if you copy and paste the URL to unsubscribe into a new browser tab or window unsubscribe works fine. I don't have a clue as to what the issue is, URL's open fine from Yahoo mail on other stuff.

Art

Why change anything? The unsubscribe works. The email works. The error message simply is telling you (in computer speak) that you can no longer access the thread (that you just unsubscribed) from Yahoo mail. In other words "mission accomplished".

If you send a message to Yahoo support they will thank you (I know, over the years I've sent them a number of "bug report" messages). Nothing will change for the better.