PDA

View Full Version : M&P Bench block

Gliden07
12-11-2012, 07:34 PM
Tonight I got home and was gonna order an M&P Bench block from Apex to properly install the Duty Carry kit and Ram kit I purchased from a local dealer. Well Apex has not released them yet and at $30 the cheap in me came out!! I went into the celler and found some scrap Melomine and an old broomstick handle. Half hour later this is what I came up with. (Now I have to try and post pics!!)

So I think it should work it seems to support the frame well (Hopefully pics will all work!!). I have a compact but I'm pretty sure it will fit the full size M&P's as well?

seagiant
12-11-2012, 08:49 PM
Hi,
I like it! The only thing is you would have to use a block of wood thick enough so when you drive out pins they can have room to fall out. I use one of the old school round metal blocks but admittedly they are awkward to use with large autos!

W.R.Buchanan
12-11-2012, 11:54 PM
I use a roll of masking tape sitting on top of an old bath towel. It has plenty of room for any pins you drop out and other small parts. The pins end up inside the tape reel where they stay until reassembly. The towel prevents things from rolling off, and disappearing into the netherworld below the bench.

It works really well and didn't cost anything. I stole the tape from the last place I worked 20 years ago. The bath towel was saved from the rag bin.

Randy

Gliden07
12-12-2012, 12:05 AM
Hi,
I like it! The only thing is you would have to use a block of wood thick enough so when you drive out pins they can have room to fall out. I use one of the old school round metal blocks but admittedly they are awkward to use with large autos!

Actually it does have enough room to drive the pins out and I plan to put (like the other post says) a towel under it to protect my table and prevent the Melomine from moving (that should give block even a tad more room). The block was modeled after the Apex block, of course theres is injection molded and RED!! Project did'nt cost me anything but a little time and it's fun to make my own stuff, keeps me out of trouble!! LOL!!

zuke
12-12-2012, 11:41 AM
Nice piece of work!