PDA

View Full Version : Letter From Shiloh Sharps Received Yesterday, My Rifle Is In The Next Lot

Silver Jack Hammer
12-11-2012, 12:15 PM
I mailed my check yesterday and told my FFL to fax their number as directed by Shiloh Sharps. My rifle order is in the next lot scheduled to begin after 12/31/12. I've talked to two grey beards who have told me they had to wait 4 years 10 years ago to receive their order. I placed my rifle order August 2011. It really helped to go to Big Timber and have Lucinda walk me through the process.

I ordered the Mt Roughrider in the heavy octogon .45/70, checkered, bedded, long range soule, spirit level. Had to have the length of pull adjusted to my 6'4" frame.

montana_charlie
12-11-2012, 12:51 PM
Aren't you a member of their forum?
http://www.shilohrifle.com/forums/

Don McDowell
12-11-2012, 01:20 PM
Best I can tell you this will just about be the longest 4 months of your life...
I think there's like a 30$ fine for not posting pics of your new rifle when it gets here...

Gunlaker
12-11-2012, 09:53 PM
That is excellent news! It means that my letter is probably in the mail soon too as I ordered mine a month after yours :-) :-) :-).

My "last Shiloh" is a #3 Sporter in .40-65 with a heavy 30" barrel, extra fancy wood, ebony tip and ebony pistol grip. It'll be set up for an MVA 23" scope.

Chris.

cal50
12-12-2012, 08:13 PM
My 45-110 will be finished in February 2013.

#1 Sporter, 34" heavy, checkered steel butt plate, Hartford collar and windage adjustable front sight , Baldwin rear.

Silver Jack Hammer
12-13-2012, 01:33 PM
Montana Charlie, thanks for the Shiloh form site. I've submitted my registration request to the forum and am waiting to be told I am worthy of walking in public in the light of day with righteous men.

EDK
12-14-2012, 12:16 AM
Welcome to the SHILOH SHARPS family. Be of good cheer as you count the days until your treasure arrives. Mine failed final inspection and took what seemed to be an eternity to arrive. The folks at SHILOH "ate" a pewter fore end tip and extra fancy wood because of a small crack in the wood....it doesn't leave the factory if it ain't perfect!

The Quigley shoot is Fathers' Day week end. I'm driving 1300+ miles to spend the week visiting and shooting. Come on down and visit!

Bob S
12-20-2012, 02:27 PM
I've submitted my registration request to the forum and am waiting to be told I am worthy of walking in public in the light of day with righteous men.

Good luck with that. I registered months ago (June/July?), and I'm still waiting ........

Resp'y,
Bob S.

bigted
12-24-2012, 01:21 AM
huh...waiting to be accepted??? took me about a day and then the fun began...LOL . anybody that knows will remember what im refering to...ho hum...water under the bridge!!! lots of good info over there but there be a bunch here as well.