PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have a good place to get shot ?

jixxerbill
12-10-2012, 11:35 PM
im looking for lead shot in the 4,5,6 size. thought id ask here where to get it at a good price if possible to get at a good price!thanks..bill

Dennis Eugene
12-11-2012, 01:32 AM
I doubt there is a good place to get shot,but if I had to chose maybe in my calf with a smaller caliber through and through with out hitting bone. :kidding:

waksupi
12-11-2012, 02:47 AM
I used to know a place in the south side of Chicago that was a damned good place to get shot.

I'll Make Mine
12-11-2012, 08:27 AM
Okay, now that everyone's through pulling your chain, the last time I bought a bag of shot (intended as ballast in model rockets and airplanes; I'm not a shotgunner) I got it at my regular gun store (this was a long time ago, and a few thousand miles from where I live now). The bigger shot (4 and 5) has never been as common as 6 and smaller, but it should be available -- problem is, these days, unless you have a local skeet, trap, or sporting clays range that also carries reloading supplies, you may have to order your shot from the Internet, which will mean paying shipping -- and a standard bag of shot won't fit in a USPS Flat Rate box (though the contents surely would fit the medium box that people use to ship up to 60+ lbs of ingots).

DrBill33
12-11-2012, 05:56 PM
Try ROTOMETALS.com

turmech
12-11-2012, 07:42 PM
I bought 2 25lb bags here from a member. Both fit in the same MFR box

rbertalotto
12-11-2012, 07:53 PM
Lmao!!!!!

jixxerbill
12-12-2012, 06:59 PM
I bought 2 25lb bags here from a member. Both fit in the same MFR box

could you message me the person name where you got the shot please ?

waksupi.. just for catching my bad thread wording, you have to donate me 100k loob grooves !! lol

turmech
12-12-2012, 07:34 PM
could you message me the person name where you got the shot please ?

I posted in the WTB section and a member was willing to sell me some he had. I don't think he sells shot on a regular bases. I was just saying shot can be shiped in FR boxes.

thauge
12-13-2012, 09:56 PM
If you have access to scrap lead like wheel weight, consider investing into a Littleton Shot Maker from Magma Engineering or constructing a similar device.

http://www.magmaengineering.com/component/banners/click/11/

I'm planning on getting one if I ever get heavy back into trap shooting. I didn't reload when I was a kid, and am currently reloading shotgun just for cheap slugs and 00 buckshot (in case of zombies). Where I live, I can find scrap wheel weights like crazy for free or on the cheap (10 bucks for a 5 gal bucket of fairly clean weights).

ROGER4314
01-31-2013, 12:57 PM
I've ordered a lot of reclaimed shot from Rotometals with good results. They are fast, reliable, but not cheap. I believe the current price on smaller sized reclaimed shot is $89 for 50 pounds (two bags) with free shipping. You must order from the website and not by phone to get free shipping.

I found some other places that advertise reclaimed shot. They don't have a physical address (PO Box) and I'm not going to send funds like that. They are cheaper than RotoMetals but it's just too easy to get ripped off on the Internet.

Flash

Bulldogger
01-31-2013, 01:28 PM
I got shot in my living room, 9mm in the arm. Can't say I recommend it though, at least not to people I like.
BDGR

nhcrowshooter
02-01-2013, 06:39 AM
I like to use #6 for shooting crows, anything larger than 7.5 is harder to find where I live. My options are to drive an hour to Cabelas where I pay a 5% sales tax on top of the cost of drive. Factor in the gas and sales tax and I found it cheaper to order from Gameliel Supply. I bought some magnum #6 in December at $42.50 a bag and now it's $44 a bag plus $13 for shipping. If there is a less expensive place to mail order #6 I don't know of it.

http://www.gamaliel.com/shot/lawrence-brand-magnum-shot.asp

rbertalotto
02-01-2013, 07:56 AM
Everyone here knew this would happen with that title..........:bigsmyl2:

gnoahhh
02-01-2013, 10:56 AM
Shot is going for around $35/25lb. bag around here; about as low a price I've heard of around the country. This area is a hot bed of target shooting- trap, skeet, and sporting clays, which might account for that. I shoot a lot of clay targets and cherish the shot I have (because I'm poor, not because I'm a hoarder!), but if anybody needs a couple pounds of, say, #9's, #8's, or #7½'s for an experiment or somesuch, drop me a PM and I'll help you out.

I got shot in the shin bone once, by myself. I fired a reloaded .32 S&W Short at a telephone pole once as a kid. The bullet bounced off of it, and came back and hit me in the leg. Didn't even make a black and blue mark. Note to self: don't rely on a .32 Short for self defense!

RoyEllis
02-01-2013, 07:47 PM
I used to know a place in the south side of Chicago that was a damned good place to get shot.
Yeah, around the stockyard/slaughtering district of Chicago is definately one, the area of NYC known as "Hunt's Point" is another (know this from experience).

I'll Make Mine
02-02-2013, 12:31 AM
Note to self: don't rely on a .32 Short for self defense!

You'll do the bad guy more harm throwing the gun than shooting him with it, I think... :(

SuperBlazingSabots
03-15-2021, 03:34 PM
Great heading and post, read it.
Ajay K. Madan
Super Blazing Sabots

Conditor22
03-15-2021, 04:04 PM
ROTOMETALS.COM https://www.rotometals.com/search.php?search_query=shot

Reclaimed Lead Shot - 1 bag 25 pounds
(7 reviews) Write a Review
SKU:LeadShotReclaim1MPN:548457AVAILABILITY:in stockWEIGHT:25.00 LBSSHIPPING:Calculated at Checkout
$47.25 - $59.25
SELECT TYPE: REQUIRED
Washed and Graphite add $10 Air Cleaned
The bag of shot will contain a mix of all sizes - mainly around 7.5 and 8. Our Reclaimed Lead Shot averages about 5% Antimony Lead.
Https://www.rotometals.com/reclaimed-lead-shot-1-bag-25-pounds/

ROTOMETALS.COM
Magnum Lead Shot #6 50 lbs - Freight Included
(1 review) Write a Review
SKU:LeadShotMag6MPN:548170AVAILABILITY:in stockWEIGHT:50.00 LBSSHIPPING:Calculated at Checkout
$119.99 - $135.99
https://www.rotometals.com/search.php?search_query=shot

upnorthwis
03-15-2021, 04:24 PM
Recob Target Shop. Sad thing for me is they've only got shot too big for my 410 skeet loads. Smallest they've got is #7.

Electrod47
03-15-2021, 04:31 PM
Ballistic Products

W.R.Buchanan
03-18-2021, 03:50 PM
Anyone have a good place to get shot ?

I don't think there is really any good place to get shot. But I think if you had to get shot, getting shot in the butt would do the least amount of damage! YMMV?

I couldn't resist. :mrgreen: I just got a B12 shot in the butt today so I am unusually active and feel pretty good.

Randy

6pt-sika
03-18-2021, 11:18 PM
Another guy at the shop and myself ordered shot a month or two ago from one of our distributors . He ordered six bags of #9’s and I got two bags of #4’s , three bags of #6’s and a bag of #7’s just because I’d never tried 7’s before , plenty 7 1/2’s but never 7’s . Anyway we got it at dealer cost of course and it was shipped via UPS I think . Cost with shipping was about $38 a bag . Now then if you’re not a dealer or person with a Fdderal tax number you’re most likely not going to be able to get it for that . You also have to watch distributors online inventories and when you see what you want buy it and don’t procrastinate .

richhodg66
03-19-2021, 09:01 AM
Some skeet and trap ranges will do bulk orders to get the cost down.

Start putting out feelers, I found a guy a couple of hours away who has a shot maker, bought 200 pounds from him for about half what it usually seems to cost around here.

farmbif
03-19-2021, 09:28 AM
you might try liberty city
in all reality after lots of looking and brownell's buyout of Gabriella's for 4,5,6--hunting shot, ive just resorted to getting it at cabbala's or bass pro, depending on which way down the highway I'm going. for target shot might as well go with the reclaimed stuff unless your shooting competitions with smaller calibers

Petrol & Powder
03-19-2021, 10:33 AM
Anyone have a good place to get shot ?

As close to a level I Trauma Center as you can get ;-)

Minerat
03-19-2021, 10:38 AM
Try Ballistic Products.

https://www.ballisticproducts.com

megasupermagnum
03-19-2021, 06:08 PM
Recob's is the best place I have found in the last couple years. Not horrible prices. Availability comes and goes. I just bought two bags of #5 last month.

https://recobstargetshop.com/product-category/reloading-supplies/shot/lawrence/

shootinfox2
03-19-2021, 08:04 PM
I make and sell #7.5 shot. Tumbled, screened, graphited and ready to load. 65# for $130 to your door with tracking and insurance. PM me if you are interested.

W.R.Buchanan
03-20-2021, 02:27 PM
This is a pretty good deal at $50/25 lb. bag shipped. Not seeing many places that include shipping for that price.

Randy