PDA

View Full Version : Dose Mica Wad Slick really work?

thauge
12-09-2012, 10:10 PM
Anyone use Mica Wad Slick on your wads? Dose it really make a difference in velocity?

doubledown
12-10-2012, 08:00 AM
I use it when called for in a load, I never thought of it increasing velocity, I though it was to reduce pressure. I would like to hear others experience with dusted wads.

practical_man
12-11-2012, 12:37 PM
I use it extensively in 12, 20, and 28 gauge. It does slightly increase velocity. Also reduces fouling in choke tubes. I use it with Claybuster wads and it also makes loading quite a bit smoother.

It is inexpensive enough that it won't hurt you to try it with your own loads. I like it a lot and a jar lasts a very longtime.

Also good to dust cast bullets after running them thru lubricizer. The don't stick together. Doesn't leave a noticible residue in my guns.

-john

LUBEDUDE
12-15-2012, 08:18 PM
I tried it for the purpose of reducing the plastic fouling.

I could Not detect any difference at all.

HeavyMetal
12-18-2012, 10:13 PM
I do the "shake and bake" thing with wads in a large plastic bag and motor mica.
Sure seemed to make wads seat easier and got a little easier on ejection and recoil so i figure its worth the effort.

Not expensive so try it and see what you think

shotman4
12-21-2012, 05:21 AM
baby powder works same and smells good too . you get some looks on the line . I put some in one shell with the shot . . get some comments