PDA

View Full Version : TC Encore Pistol-2 mini pigs with 1 shot

475/480
06-25-2007, 07:27 AM
Hi ,
Went hunting over the weekend at a friends land in Lavaca Cty,Tx and took 2 mini pigs with 1 shot using a TC Encore Pistol in 455 GNR (475 L. necked down to 45).
Was on stand at 5:30am, but when I went by the feeder I dumped some corn around the feeder just in case it did not go off. At about 6:15am I pig (50 lb ?) came into the feeder and just as quickly turned and left the area,kinda had me wondering what was wrong so I got down and went to check the feeder (the feeder did not go off) to see if the corn that I threw was still there and as I approached the feeder I spooked a 70lb brown pig that was napping under some bushes 20 yards from the feeder :groner:. So I turned around and went to the tripod thinking I had blown my chance.
While sitting on the tripod I am thinking what could have happened to the 50 lb when I notice a line of mini pigs coming into the feeder with the 50 lb pig in the back (obviously momma bringing in the kids to eat) so they quickly begin to eat the corn I put down. I took a shoulder shot on a little pig that is on the edge of the circle of feeding pigs and when I get to the feeder to check on the pig there is another pig dead behind the one I aimed at,My pig was shoulder shot and the second pig was shot in the head.
Load was a standard Lee .452-300 gr FNGC ,water dropped that weighs 315 gr with my wheel weights.
http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x150/475480/June232007A-RodRanch005.jpg

Sean

Wayne Dobbs
06-25-2007, 11:40 AM
Time to fire up the smoker brother!

trickyasafox
06-25-2007, 03:23 PM
congrats! nice piggies.

what is the average size pig you guys take down there in TX? I always wanted to go on a pig hunt up somewhere in the NE, but it seems like the range of sizes on this things is so far across the board i don't know what to expect.

475/480
06-25-2007, 04:06 PM
Tough question.I hunt (deer/pigs) on a friends land,on this property last year I shot 2 pigs-1 female 50 lbs,1 boar 220+ lbs (a tank).This year I have seen many shoalts with 1 female (50lb)and a 60-70lb boar,this is on open land so you get an assortment of sizes.I am going to Gonzalez,Tx next Friday to pig hunt on a ranch, the pig size there is close to the same size range.
If you are looking for a trophy ONLY you need to hunt a ranch were they are known to live.

Sean

congrats! nice piggies.

what is the average size pig you guys take down there in TX? I always wanted to go on a pig hunt up somewhere in the NE, but it seems like the range of sizes on this things is so far across the board i don't know what to expect.

RugerFan
06-26-2007, 12:58 AM
Nice! I've gotten a couple of doubles on hogs, but never with one shot.

475/480
06-28-2007, 04:45 PM
Going hog hunting Friday morning for 3 days :D:
LORD willling I will have more pictures Monday morning.

Sean