View Full Version : Lathesmith offering Star Top Punch Adapter

DRNurse1
12-09-2012, 04:41 AM
I am privileged to offer lathesmith beta-testing services to an adapter idea for Lyman and RCBS top punches to the Star Lubrizier. For those folks who size base first, these adapters offer a means to size boolits which were not made when the Star Lubrisizers were designed.

Milhec offers top punches with his dies and the Lyman and RCBS top punches are relatively inexpensive and readily available. However this was of no help to Star lubrisizer owners until Lathesmith developed this adapter. It allows simple installation and removal of top punches in a self centering device. He is offering them for $16 each.

I used the test version with 12 top punches and encountered minimal difficulties and manage to match my lubrisizing pace. The only difficulty identified so far is the flange on the .357 and 9MM top punches prevented ejection of the boolit but the following boolit ejected the previous one. Longer boolits ejected easily and I used a variety of BNH [12 to 18] boolits.

For those folks interested, theperfesser offers top punches for RCBS and Lyman lubrisizers that you can adapt to the nose of your specific boolit.